Arrived after arranging an early check-in, which was easily accommodated. Pulling into the parking lot we were a little confused by two separate buildings, one of which was not clearly marked. The second one turned out to be a different hotel, the Hampton. Check-in was smooth. The room was neat and tidy. We had upgraded to a suite. A few comments that are noteworthy. The bathroom could use drawers to store toiletries and personal hair care items. We ended up using the bottom of the nightstand for those things. Most annoying was the bathroom exhaust fan that was on as long as the bathroom light was on. It was a little noisy. A better fit would be that it was on a separate switch. I need wi-fi, and the service here was good. The only thing was that there are two separate directions in order to connect; two different signals, one of which disappeared completely after the first day. The walls could use more hangings: see the images for detail. It looked a little barren and looked like a lower scale motel room. The bed was comfortable and we love the idea of pillowcases marked, "soft" and "firm". The drawer on one of the night stands could not be used because it was too close to the air conditioning unit and could not be opened. The view was one that overlooked the pool and faced lots of trees. Breakfast was adequate and filling, but the wait for hot food refreshing on the hotline was a little too long. The stay was quiet and peaceful. We would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express-Richmond, Mechanicsville, Virginia. We are centrally located off I-295 at exit 37A & Rt. 360E, just minutes away from the following businesses: Qubica AMF, Super Value, Carter Machinery, FedEx, Owens & Minor, Wal-Mart, Target, BJ'S, Hanover County Schools, Tysons Foods, Bon Secours Memorial Regional Hospital, Media General, Cox Transportation, County of Hanover the Show Place and many more. With the best corporate rates in the area, we have all you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Complimentary hot breakfast, wireless and wired high-speed Internet, in-room Keurig Machines, microwaves, and mini-fridges are just a few amenities offered. Attractions: King's Dominion, Three Lakes Nature Center & Aquarium, Maymont Park, Richmond National Battlefield Park, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Science Museum of VA, Childrens' Museum of Richmond, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Virginia Holocaust Museum, Richmond International Raceway - RIR - NASCAR, and Busch Gardens/Water Country. If shopping is your niche then you might enjoy visiting Virginia Center Commons Mall located only 10 miles north offering excellent choices to suit everyone's needs. Whether driving the beautiful Virginia highways or arriving by air at the Richmond International Airport, the best place to be is Holiday Inn Express Richmond-Mechanicsville Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Richmond Mechanicsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond Mechanicsville Hotel Mechanicsville
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsville
- Mechanicsville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Mechanicsville