This is the second year we stayed in this area to attend an event. This was our first stay at this hotel.
We arrived on motorcycles on a very hot, humid day. Needless to say we couldn't wait to check in and take a cool shower prior to going to dinner. Our room was located on the 3rd floor near the elevator but we heard no elevator noise.
The room was clean including the bathroom. The room had a slight stale cigarette aroma and we were in a non-smoking room and floor so either someone had smoked in the room earlier or the ventilation system had an issue.
Our traveling companion also noted that his room smelled of cigarette smoke and he was staying on the 2nd floor in a non-smoking room.
I alerted the front desk that the hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work. Either the outlet wasn't functioning or it was a faulty dryer. The front desk person was very responsive and asked if I needed a hair dryer which was greatly appreciated.
I wasn't impressed with their breakfast. Items lean heavily to the simple carbs - pastries, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, bagels, toast etc. The hot buffet consisted of biscuits, gravy, egg disk (which is probably a frozen powdered egg product) and sausage. The yogurt was a very small size with lots of sugar. The raisin bran cereal that I chose to eat was not crisp and crunchy - a bit stale. They did have boiled eggs in the refrigerator which I ate.
The only fresh fruit I saw was very ripe bananas.
I prefer whole, unprocessed foods in my diet so this breakfast did not meet that criteria. There is an IHOP practically next door and a Cracker Barrel across the street so there are other breakfast choices near by. We were in a hurry so we ate what was there and left.
Last year we stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and between the 2 properties, we prefer the Hampton Inn overall.
This property's location sits behind and across the street from a small shopping center. The property is lovely despite being near gas stations, restaurants, office supply stores etc. The hotel is surrounded by trees so you don't feel as if you're next to an interstate or commercial property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express-Richmond, Mechanicsville, Virginia. We are centrally located off I-295 at exit 37A & Rt. 360E, just minutes away from the following businesses: Qubica AMF, Super Value, Carter Machinery, FedEx, Owens & Minor, Wal-Mart, Target, BJ'S, Hanover County Schools, Tysons Foods, Bon Secours Memorial Regional Hospital, Media General, Cox Transportation, County of Hanover the Show Place and many more. With the best corporate rates in the area, we have all you need to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Complimentary hot breakfast, wireless and wired high-speed Internet and micro/fridge are just a few amenities offered. Attractions: King's Dominion, Three Lakes Nature Center & Aquarium, Maymont Park, Richmond National Battlefield Park, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Science Museum of VA, Childrens Museum of Richmond, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Virginia Holocaust Museum, Richmond International Raceway - RIR - NASCAR, and Busch Gardens/Water Country If shopping is your niche then you might enjoy visiting Virginia Center Commons Mall located only 10 miles north offering excellent choices to suit everyone's needs. Whether driving the beautiful Virginia highways or arriving by air at the Richmond International Airport, the best place to be is Holiday Inn Express Richmond-Mechanicsville Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Richmond Mechanicsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond Mechanicsville Hotel Mechanicsville
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsville
- Mechanicsville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Mechanicsville