WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Islip Terrace, NY
“stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years as we head to FL - have seen it go through all the phases of redecorating, etc. It looks wonderful now. Rooms were nice and clean and staff was helpful. Although we got there before 3:00 p.m. we had to wait; the manager finally found us a room that was clean and ready. The location is good for shopping and a few restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was greeted and checked in promptly upon my arrival. I was called by name and was switched to another room, immediately, based upon my request. When I got to my room I discovered I'd forgotten my toothbrush. I was quickly supplied with a brush, paste, and mouthwash presented in a cute little bag. Julia was so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the pillows and bed-spread smelled fresh and were extremely white and clean. The location was in close proximity (walking distance) to shopping and a number of eateries. I was so happy with my experience here and plan to return. The one down side is I wish I'd known about the indoor pool before I arrived. I would have arranged to take a dip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Manchester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here with our two dogs and it was really clean and the employees were great. The dogs had an area close to the room for us to take them out and unlike some hotels it was clean. While I always pick up after my dogs most people do not so I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the outside area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Celebration, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stay here 4 or 5 times a year and have always been happy. The price is reasonable, the motel is comfortable and clean and you also get breakfast. You can't beat Hampton Inns for consistency and quality for the money. You always know what to expect and won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed one night with our pet on our way down to Florida. It's a typical Hampton Inn, and I mean that in a good way. You know what you're going to get and that's why you stay there.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was good and they accommodated my request for a top floor room away from the elevator.

There is a Walmart very close to the hotel and restaurants within walking distance. I thought the wireless was fine but not password protected. Fine for checking email but I wouldn't go into my bank accounts.

For some reason my GPS took us off at the exit before the hotel and we took a short drive on a back road to get here. Not sure why but it was just fine and really didn't affect our time for getting there. We were coming from the north and the GPS took us off at exit 38 instead of 37. Nothing to worry about, it got us there.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I travel for work, and this trip was no exception. But hotel of choice is Hampton Inn, and in that regard this location did not disappoint. As most Hamptons offer, there are amenities I take for granted. Plenty of outlets for my iPhone, iPad, etc. Comfy beds. The very cool "Hampton tray" so I can work on my laptop in bed. No complaints there.

However, you may wonder - so that's cool, what about the rating? You only put 3, or average!

Well, the rooms were clean and quiet. But, compared to other Hampton Inns I've been in, there were less amentities. It just didn't flash like other locations. The staff was GREAT......but the rooms? Meh. I can't really give tons of details as my notes were lacking on this trip, but that is the gist of it. You may feel like you didn't get the quality for the rate, but I can say you will get a good night's rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent several nights here before Christmas, having made reservations for two rooms well in advance. Minor glitches with 2nd reservation. Staff very friendly, both on the phone and on site. 3rd floor (non smoking) stunk of smoke as soon as one exited the elevator. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast served from 6-10 offered a variety of items, but dwindled down to stems and seeds after 9 every morning. Traffic noise on side of building facing 360.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kma03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
#1 of 83 in Richmond
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!