“Hampton Inn Mechanicsville, VA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville

Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Manchester, United States
“Hampton Inn Mechanicsville, VA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here with our two dogs and it was really clean and the employees were great. The dogs had an area close to the room for us to take them out and unlike some hotels it was clean. While I always pick up after my dogs most people do not so I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the outside area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Celebration, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stay here 4 or 5 times a year and have always been happy. The price is reasonable, the motel is comfortable and clean and you also get breakfast. You can't beat Hampton Inns for consistency and quality for the money. You always know what to expect and won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed one night with our pet on our way down to Florida. It's a typical Hampton Inn, and I mean that in a good way. You know what you're going to get and that's why you stay there.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. The room was good and they accommodated my request for a top floor room away from the elevator.

There is a Walmart very close to the hotel and restaurants within walking distance. I thought the wireless was fine but not password protected. Fine for checking email but I wouldn't go into my bank accounts.

For some reason my GPS took us off at the exit before the hotel and we took a short drive on a back road to get here. Not sure why but it was just fine and really didn't affect our time for getting there. We were coming from the north and the GPS took us off at exit 38 instead of 37. Nothing to worry about, it got us there.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I travel for work, and this trip was no exception. But hotel of choice is Hampton Inn, and in that regard this location did not disappoint. As most Hamptons offer, there are amenities I take for granted. Plenty of outlets for my iPhone, iPad, etc. Comfy beds. The very cool "Hampton tray" so I can work on my laptop in bed. No complaints there.

However, you may wonder - so that's cool, what about the rating? You only put 3, or average!

Well, the rooms were clean and quiet. But, compared to other Hampton Inns I've been in, there were less amentities. It just didn't flash like other locations. The staff was GREAT......but the rooms? Meh. I can't really give tons of details as my notes were lacking on this trip, but that is the gist of it. You may feel like you didn't get the quality for the rate, but I can say you will get a good night's rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent several nights here before Christmas, having made reservations for two rooms well in advance. Minor glitches with 2nd reservation. Staff very friendly, both on the phone and on site. 3rd floor (non smoking) stunk of smoke as soon as one exited the elevator. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast served from 6-10 offered a variety of items, but dwindled down to stems and seeds after 9 every morning. Traffic noise on side of building facing 360.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kma03
Denton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We love to stay at Hampton Inn, and have stayed with the chain in sites all across the country. This location was good for us as we visited family over the Christmas holiday. The room was very spacious. I expected to have two queen size beds, but the room had only two full size beds.For the price, I was disappointed, The breakfast buffet was not as nice as some other Hampton Inns we have stayed at before.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Liberty, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I cannot say enough good about our stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff is cordial and go out of their way to make your staff safe and comfortable. Their breakfast is good and oh at night they make chocolate cookies and the smell wafting down the hallway just beckons you try them. They have a wonderful pool and the staff are attentive and helpful. I highly suggest you try this hotel if you are staying near Richmond, VA. This is located on loop around I-95.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
The Jefferson Hotel
The Jefferson Hotel
#1 of 88 in Richmond
4.5 of 5 stars 1,039 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!