“Very nice, clean, would stay again”

Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Slippery Rock, PA, United States
“Very nice, clean, would stay again”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is very clean, staff is friendly, beds & pillows were very comfortable, kids enjoyed the pool. Complimentary breakfast was good and quite convenient. 20 minutes or so from Kings Dominion, which was our destination. I would recommend this hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel where people didn't come in after I'm asleep and yell/run in the hall, and slam their doors like they're the only ones staying there. I was not spared this time either!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Most Hampton Inns are very similar, but some figure out how to differentiate themselves. This property has the new Perfect Mix lobby. It's very similar to the new Courtyard lobby design and I'm happy they adopted it. This property is ridiculously close to 295 and 95 and features an Applebee's right across the street. We stayed there to break up our drive home from Florida and we couldn't have been happier with our visit.

Would highly recommend for travelers and people working in the area.

Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This Hampton Inn is better than most I have visited up and down I-95 and in CA. The place is clean and the lobby is big and comfortable for working and eating breakfast. The workout facility is small but manageable. There is a pool with handicap access. I am a very light sleeper and room 231 was great; quiet, dark, with two HVAC units I could control. The room was a large and comfortable King with pullout couch and mini-kitchen. The bath was very large, with Jacuzzi tub for two - but the tub looked like it had seen better days.

Breakfast was excellent and quite big. The buffet was kept well stocked and area was kept clean. Warm cookies, fruit, and coffee/tea available during the day. Nice people.

Very convenient, immediately off I-95 by Richmond and Mechanicsville. Nice area with gas, restaurants, services close by. One word of warning - this location sells out. It was packed both nights but still quiet and there were tons of kids there for a homeschooling conference.

Room Tip: Room 231 is big, quiet, and dark at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Mid-trip stopover on our return from Jupiter, FL. Found this inn to be a pleasant pet friendly accommodation. Modern, clean and with a very comfortable bed. No qualms re/ our two cats. Pleasant staff. Decent breakfast. Just an altogether enjoyable stay!

1 Thank Woodse
Wappingers Falls, N.Y., United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Considering we had no reservations, the staff was very accomadating. They set us up at that late an hour and were very nice. Would recommend this for long stays or short. Convience to Highway made it excellent stop on long trips.

virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

What can I say/
I just spent 10 weeks there for business and from Day One . Perfect.
Hotel: Going through overhaul but was kept immaculate.
Staff: NO problems. any question/ concerns addressed as soon as happened. Special thanks to Chuck (Auditor) he and the rest of the staff are professional to a 10 scale.
Rooms:Kept perfect at all times.
To the staff : As one of the weekend staff said when I checked in on week 7. "Welcome home Mr. Bolling" I was made feel at home.

Concerns.
Part of my Hilton points were placed on my wifes account and now Hilton does not allow two accounts in one home. So some points were placed on my account.

Room Tip: Choose top floor. Very little noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Kent, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to stay at the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsville last year after storms came through and knocked the lights out at our home. It was close to work for both my wife and myself. Unfortunately that was all that was convenient. While the hallway was cool, The rooms on the top floor was hot. The AC unit in the room was rigged so that it could not be turned up to properly cool the room. When I called the front desk, they could not help because the hotel was booked. Another storm came through and knocked out the power to the hotel and the room got even hotter. The wife, three kids and decided that if we were going to be hot and in the dark we were going to do it at home. So, we checked out and left after only two hours. I contacted the hotel manager for a refund, but of course they were not there. When they did finally contact me, they could not help me because they said that I needed to speak to the owner. When I finally got in contact with the owner, who spoke with a foreign accent, they refused to refund my $160 for the hot room with no electricity because they said it was an act of God and they had no control over that. They got me this time, but I promise that they will never get me again.

Room Tip: Make sure that you don't get a room on the top floor in the summer time or you'll be in for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank William B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
The Jefferson Hotel
The Jefferson Hotel
#1 of 81 in Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!