Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
$55
$60
$54
$42
All reviewsfront deskdog showsmall dogwaffle housea pet friendly hotelindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastthe staff was friendly and helpfuloff the highwaywould stay here againshopping and restaurantseasy accessthe breakfast areagreat place to staywafflesnext morningpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Mid-trip stopover on our return from Jupiter, FL. Found this inn to be a pleasant pet friendly accommodation. Modern, clean and with a very comfortable bed. No qualms re/ our two cats. Pleasant staff. Decent breakfast. Just an altogether enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Woodse
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Considering we had no reservations, the staff was very accomadating. They set us up at that late an hour and were very nice. Would recommend this for long stays or short. Convience to Highway made it excellent stop on long trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

What can I say/
I just spent 10 weeks there for business and from Day One . Perfect.
Hotel: Going through overhaul but was kept immaculate.
Staff: NO problems. any question/ concerns addressed as soon as happened. Special thanks to Chuck (Auditor) he and the rest of the staff are professional to a 10 scale.
Rooms:Kept perfect at all times.
To the staff : As one of the weekend staff said when I checked in on week 7. "Welcome home Mr. Bolling" I was made feel at home.

Concerns.
Part of my Hilton points were placed on my wifes account and now Hilton does not allow two accounts in one home. So some points were placed on my account.

Room Tip: Choose top floor. Very little noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to stay at the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsville last year after storms came through and knocked the lights out at our home. It was close to work for both my wife and myself. Unfortunately that was all that was convenient. While the hallway was cool, The rooms on the top floor was hot. The AC unit in the room was rigged so that it could not be turned up to properly cool the room. When I called the front desk, they could not help because the hotel was booked. Another storm came through and knocked out the power to the hotel and the room got even hotter. The wife, three kids and decided that if we were going to be hot and in the dark we were going to do it at home. So, we checked out and left after only two hours. I contacted the hotel manager for a refund, but of course they were not there. When they did finally contact me, they could not help me because they said that I needed to speak to the owner. When I finally got in contact with the owner, who spoke with a foreign accent, they refused to refund my $160 for the hot room with no electricity because they said it was an act of God and they had no control over that. They got me this time, but I promise that they will never get me again.

Room Tip: Make sure that you don't get a room on the top floor in the summer time or you'll be in for a hot stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank William B
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before, and the room/breakfast/etc. have always been excellent. This time however, I needed to check in early, but not leave my things, so that I could leave my car and ride with my daughter whom I was visiting. We were going into Richmond for the day. The staff were very accommodating with this request, and when I was dropped off by my daughter, I could just use my key to go up to my room with my luggage. Very nice of them to do.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family