“Thanks”

Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Reviewed April 14, 2013

What can I say/
I just spent 10 weeks there for business and from Day One . Perfect.
Hotel: Going through overhaul but was kept immaculate.
Staff: NO problems. any question/ concerns addressed as soon as happened. Special thanks to Chuck (Auditor) he and the rest of the staff are professional to a 10 scale.
Rooms:Kept perfect at all times.
To the staff : As one of the weekend staff said when I checked in on week 7. "Welcome home Mr. Bolling" I was made feel at home.

Concerns.
Part of my Hilton points were placed on my wifes account and now Hilton does not allow two accounts in one home. So some points were placed on my account.

Room Tip: Choose top floor. Very little noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went to stay at the Hampton Inn in Mechanicsville last year after storms came through and knocked the lights out at our home. It was close to work for both my wife and myself. Unfortunately that was all that was convenient. While the hallway was cool, The rooms on the top floor was hot. The AC unit in the room was rigged so that it could not be turned up to properly cool the room. When I called the front desk, they could not help because the hotel was booked. Another storm came through and knocked out the power to the hotel and the room got even hotter. The wife, three kids and decided that if we were going to be hot and in the dark we were going to do it at home. So, we checked out and left after only two hours. I contacted the hotel manager for a refund, but of course they were not there. When they did finally contact me, they could not help me because they said that I needed to speak to the owner. When I finally got in contact with the owner, who spoke with a foreign accent, they refused to refund my $160 for the hot room with no electricity because they said it was an act of God and they had no control over that. They got me this time, but I promise that they will never get me again.

Room Tip: Make sure that you don't get a room on the top floor in the summer time or you'll be in for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank William B
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before, and the room/breakfast/etc. have always been excellent. This time however, I needed to check in early, but not leave my things, so that I could leave my car and ride with my daughter whom I was visiting. We were going into Richmond for the day. The staff were very accommodating with this request, and when I was dropped off by my daughter, I could just use my key to go up to my room with my luggage. Very nice of them to do.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights here on business in the midst of traveling up to see my family for Christmas. Entering the building was weird at first; we were greeted with plywood right inside the sliding doors. Luckily for a geographically-disinclined person such as myself, they had plenty of signs telling us how to get to the front desk.

I wish I had written this review sooner, because then I would be able to remember everything that went on during that stay. One thing I do remember was that on the morning of the checkout, my husband really needed more sleep as his employer had run him all night. I was dreading asking if we could have a later checkout, but my fears were quickly assuaged when the man behind the desk smiled and easily said "Yes, what time do you want to check out?" I was so glad that my husband could get a proper amount of sleep before a very long drive!

The room we stayed in had an odd layout, but it was very nice; it even had a refrigerator! The carpet was brand new; it was like a sea-floor type of thing going on. The shower room was very spacious. I am so glad that we were on the top floor. The breakfast was wonderful, although the waffle maker was not set to a high enough setting to actually cook the waffles. They looked nice but when you cut into them, they were still liquid on the inside. The internet was blazing fast and I was really happy that they had my favorite channel!

Even though it was in a state of renovation, I still give this hotel a top-rate review! The only hotel I stayed at that was better was in the four diamond ranking. And the people there were not as nice as the Hampton Inn employees! Literally the best hotel stay we have ever had!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel overall was OK. The bathtub was extremely slippery. My son fell the first time he got in to take a shower. I asked about a rubber mat but the desk clerk seemed to not understand what I was talking about. Just be careful in shower

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a high quality property typical of Hampton Inn. Rooms are well appointed. Sound proofing between the rooms was disappointing, but fortunately the boisterous family next door to us went to bed early. A king bed suite with Jacuzzi (room 231, I think) was luxuriously expansive, with a kitchenette area and a dining room table. The Jacuzzi seemed impressive and the wear on the bottom of it suggested it was well used, but it took a very long time to fill, so plan ahead for plenty of time if you want to use it. Location is convenient to the highway and to nearby restaurants and stores. Rooms look out toward the highway on one side or toward the parking lot on the other. We heard no highway noise from inside our room.

Staff was very friendly, and we were greeted warmly and with hot cookies fresh from the oven. The breakfast was extensive, with a broad selection and ample seating. Beautiful pool, no hot tub, modest fitness center with a few cardio machines. We'd would happily return and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had reserved a room at this location on both the outbound and return legs of our trip home to Philadelphia and were pleased on both occasions. Our two standard queen beds were extremely comfortable, and the mini-fridge was more than adequate for our needs. The bathroom included a reasonably comfortable tub to help unwind after a day behind the wheel and towels and bedding were clean and comfortable to use. As always at the Hampton Inn, the free breakfast has to receive high marks, from the scrambled eggs and sausage, to the fresh fruit and pastries. Coffee was good and the staff member in charge of maintaining the breakfast area was both polite and responsive - (when I let her know that the ice water was out, she took care of the issue immediately. Later, a request for some fresh dark roast coffee was met with the same degree of courtesy and speed). Excellent hotel with very responsive staff. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!