New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville

Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Houston, Texas
“High quality & good value typical of Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a high quality property typical of Hampton Inn. Rooms are well appointed. Sound proofing between the rooms was disappointing, but fortunately the boisterous family next door to us went to bed early. A king bed suite with Jacuzzi (room 231, I think) was luxuriously expansive, with a kitchenette area and a dining room table. The Jacuzzi seemed impressive and the wear on the bottom of it suggested it was well used, but it took a very long time to fill, so plan ahead for plenty of time if you want to use it. Location is convenient to the highway and to nearby restaurants and stores. Rooms look out toward the highway on one side or toward the parking lot on the other. We heard no highway noise from inside our room.

Staff was very friendly, and we were greeted warmly and with hot cookies fresh from the oven. The breakfast was extensive, with a broad selection and ample seating. Beautiful pool, no hot tub, modest fitness center with a few cardio machines. We'd would happily return and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Brandon, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had reserved a room at this location on both the outbound and return legs of our trip home to Philadelphia and were pleased on both occasions. Our two standard queen beds were extremely comfortable, and the mini-fridge was more than adequate for our needs. The bathroom included a reasonably comfortable tub to help unwind after a day behind the wheel and towels and bedding were clean and comfortable to use. As always at the Hampton Inn, the free breakfast has to receive high marks, from the scrambled eggs and sausage, to the fresh fruit and pastries. Coffee was good and the staff member in charge of maintaining the breakfast area was both polite and responsive - (when I let her know that the ice water was out, she took care of the issue immediately. Later, a request for some fresh dark roast coffee was met with the same degree of courtesy and speed). Excellent hotel with very responsive staff. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and it was awesome. The people working there were so friendly! Everything was spotless! And they kept the chocolate chip cookies coming! Parking was easy and I was very impressed with Courtney, Brian, Shanita, Norma and Marina. I got their names because I wanted to mention them for thier excellent service. (No I never met any of them before) We will stay there next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Just ask for whatever you want and they will try to make it happen
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Inn is well maintained, with an abundance of friendly, helpful workers at all levels.. I will surely recommend Hampton Inn to family and friends.. your check in/out is very efficent... Plus no additional charge for WiFi, how petty some chains have become..

Hampton Inn's will become our choice, you see if my wife likes your inn, I like it also, (please laugh)....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glocester, null, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I were driving home from our vacation and decided to stop here. We were traveling with our small dog. Great hotel. Very clean. Fast/Easy check in. Staff at the front desk were all very helpful. Will definitely stay here again when traveling!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Galax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

you will not be disappointed with this facility. Both facility and staff were top notch! I was more than happy with my stay. The room was very comfortable and spacious. We were well pleased with the sitting area for tv viewing. We were able to do a bit of work from our room before we had a meeting a couple of miles away. I got a few laps in at the luxurious pool. The staff even closed the blinds for added privacy which was very thoughtful. I was also happy to learn the hotel is pet friendly and met a few furry friends in the lobby area. This is a big plus although our pet did not accompany us, we were pleased to see others have their "family" with them. I can't say enough about the staff. The most friendly people and helpful folks of any place I've ever stayed. The breakfast food could have been a little better, however for this type of food it was above average. I prefer up-scale dining and rarely do any type of fast food restaurants so this may not be a fair perception on my part. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants a great hotel experience.

Room Tip: We had a king bed and it was extremely comfortable. I am used to quality mattresses and I slept gr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New River Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I can honestly say this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. Simply spotless and smelled clean. I know this hotel is not new but it looked new inside and out. I almost did not stay here because of the mixed reviews I have read so I called speaking to Michelle. I am glad I did she explained they were renovating and talked me into staying. I stayed in room 202, it was spotless even the mattresses were sparkling new, I always look for bed bugs, u never know. Beds were so comfy the sheets clean and new. The white cotton coverlets looked fresh as well and a note pinned to the headboard stated the linens and bedspread were freshly laundered.... how nice! The employees were super nice, breakfast was superb, omelets, waffles, hash browns, cereal etc. There was coffee available all day and night, very fresh, hot and tasty, there was choice of decaf strong or mild with flavored creamers and hot cookies anytime. Pool was sparkling clean and so nice and warm. Parking lot was well lit. Lots of places to eat within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center
The Jefferson Hotel
The Jefferson Hotel
#1 of 88 in Richmond
4.5 of 5 stars 1,057 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!