New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Comfortable, but dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on our way down to Norfolk/ Virginia Beach. Our check in was swift and the staff were courteous. I found it odd, however, that the pool area was located right at the front of the building, near the entrance and lobby. it also had quite a few windows, almost making you feel like you were in a fishbowl being watched. Needless to say we didn't utilize the pool at all. There were a few other things here and there that showed the age of the hotel. The marble threshold to the elevator was badly cracked and worn, the carpet in the room was dated and stained. However, the room in general was spacious and comfortable. Our room faced the parking lot and was rather quiet. Breakfast was average, however the seating area and buffet could use an overall as they felt less than contemporary. One tip- if you ever go to a Hampton and there is sausage gravy and biscuits being served at breakfast, stay away! Over all we had a good stay, except for being rudely waved on by the front desk agent when trying to check out. She was on the phone with a guest, however believe those physical bodies in front of you come first anytime, so she should've put the person on hold to take care of us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hakoo B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Good afternoon Mr. JacksonJeep.

First let me say how much I appreciate you choosing to stay at my hotel; moreover, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of this property. It is with feedback like yours that helps us to grow and provide exceptional service.

As a building starts to show its age it can prove difficult to keep up with. We are in the beginning process of renovations and I would love to have you back so you can see the wonderful improvements we will have made.

Again, thank you for your words and your time.
Be Well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel was very good as a stopover with the typical high quality Hampton beds. Breakfast was adequate and all other facilities okay. Has a pool and fitness centre and all the amenities seemed fine. Seemed to be quite a few restaurants around the area but we only stayed for 1 night. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time and doing a survey for us it was a pleasure to have you as our guests and will pass your kind sentiments to all our team members. Please come vist us again.

Rathdrum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

For my first trip to Virginia, this hotel was a welcome surprise. The staff was friendly and more than accomodating. When stranded at a remote location, I called to see if they had a shuttle. They did not, however, one of the staff volunteered to pick me up and take me back to the hotel. This type of service is hard to find.
If I find myself in this region again, I would stay here over any other hotels offered.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Mr. Steve

I am so happy that my staff made you welcome and tried to get you safely back to our hotel. I will convey your kind words to all my staff and please do come visit us again.

Ms Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)
Mohnton,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Cannot say enough about the great service here! Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. Nice variety at the breakfast area. Very clean and warm pool. Exercise room. Only downfall (and I would think this is the corporation not the individual hotel), the sheets and towels were very thin.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Valued guest from PA,

I appriciate that you took time to give us a survey. I will convey your compliments to my staff and your concerns to the brand about the sheets and towels.

Come visit us soon

Ms Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

While on a road trip, this hotel was our first stop ans everything about was great. Easy to get to from the interstate, convenient to restaurants and stores. Pace was clean and the rooms were large. Breakfast was typical for this kind of hotel, but we look at this at an added convenience and value. Most important to us is that it is pet-friendly; our traveling companion is a 12 year old collie and we cannot leave her at a kennel. Rare to find nice places that also allow pets

Stayed April 2012
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Valued Guest,

I appriciate that you took time to give us a review, please come visit us again and a big hello woff for your collie from all of us here at the hampton inn.

Happy Easter

Providence Forge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Their beds are so comfortable, rooms clean, great service, friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Ms. Leeanne Marie,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will convey your compliments to all my team members.

Please come and visit us again. Happy easter to you and your family.

Ms. Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)
Belmont, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Perfect location to where I was working. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. Rooms clean and beds sleep well.Lots of places to eat and/or shop within walking distance. Will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Ms Chrissy,

I appriciate your wonderful comments about my staff and the hotel. We will be waiting for your return visit.
Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
#1 of 83 in Richmond
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!