“Comfortable, but dated”

Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mechanicsville
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on our way down to Norfolk/ Virginia Beach. Our check in was swift and the staff were courteous. I found it odd, however, that the pool area was located right at the front of the building, near the entrance and lobby. it also had quite a few windows, almost making you feel like you were in a fishbowl being watched. Needless to say we didn't utilize the pool at all. There were a few other things here and there that showed the age of the hotel. The marble threshold to the elevator was badly cracked and worn, the carpet in the room was dated and stained. However, the room in general was spacious and comfortable. Our room faced the parking lot and was rather quiet. Breakfast was average, however the seating area and buffet could use an overall as they felt less than contemporary. One tip- if you ever go to a Hampton and there is sausage gravy and biscuits being served at breakfast, stay away! Over all we had a good stay, except for being rudely waved on by the front desk agent when trying to check out. She was on the phone with a guest, however believe those physical bodies in front of you come first anytime, so she should've put the person on hold to take care of us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hakoo B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Good afternoon Mr. JacksonJeep.

First let me say how much I appreciate you choosing to stay at my hotel; moreover, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of this property. It is with feedback like yours that helps us to grow and provide exceptional service.

As a building starts to show its age it can prove difficult to keep up with. We are in the beginning process of renovations and I would love to have you back so you can see the wonderful improvements we will have made.

Again, thank you for your words and your time.
Be Well

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel was very good as a stopover with the typical high quality Hampton beds. Breakfast was adequate and all other facilities okay. Has a pool and fitness centre and all the amenities seemed fine. Seemed to be quite a few restaurants around the area but we only stayed for 1 night. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for taking time and doing a survey for us it was a pleasure to have you as our guests and will pass your kind sentiments to all our team members. Please come vist us again.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

For my first trip to Virginia, this hotel was a welcome surprise. The staff was friendly and more than accomodating. When stranded at a remote location, I called to see if they had a shuttle. They did not, however, one of the staff volunteered to pick me up and take me back to the hotel. This type of service is hard to find.
If I find myself in this region again, I would stay here over any other hotels offered.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Mr. Steve

I am so happy that my staff made you welcome and tried to get you safely back to our hotel. I will convey your kind words to all my staff and please do come visit us again.

Ms Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Cannot say enough about the great service here! Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. Nice variety at the breakfast area. Very clean and warm pool. Exercise room. Only downfall (and I would think this is the corporation not the individual hotel), the sheets and towels were very thin.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Valued guest from PA,

I appriciate that you took time to give us a survey. I will convey your compliments to my staff and your concerns to the brand about the sheets and towels.

Come visit us soon

Ms Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)

Reviewed April 6, 2012

While on a road trip, this hotel was our first stop ans everything about was great. Easy to get to from the interstate, convenient to restaurants and stores. Pace was clean and the rooms were large. Breakfast was typical for this kind of hotel, but we look at this at an added convenience and value. Most important to us is that it is pet-friendly; our traveling companion is a 12 year old collie and we cannot leave her at a kennel. Rare to find nice places that also allow pets

Stayed: April 2012
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Valued Guest,

I appriciate that you took time to give us a review, please come visit us again and a big hello woff for your collie from all of us here at the hampton inn.

Happy Easter

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Their beds are so comfortable, rooms clean, great service, friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Ms. Leeanne Marie,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will convey your compliments to all my team members.

Please come and visit us again. Happy easter to you and your family.

Ms. Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Perfect location to where I was working. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. Rooms clean and beds sleep well.Lots of places to eat and/or shop within walking distance. Will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Motibhen, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Ms Chrissy,

I appriciate your wonderful comments about my staff and the hotel. We will be waiting for your return visit.
Hakoo Bilimoria (GM)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
Linden Row Inn
Linden Row Inn
#6 of 82 in Richmond
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Mechanicsville? Share your experiences!