Open today: 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun place to visit.

When you're in the area stop in for some produce, jellies, cast iron skillet, books about the area... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
krazykatztoo
North Carolina
Right off the Parkway

I stop here quite often for a great homemade sandwich ice cream or just some supplies. Located in a... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
241bbqfoodguru
Rocky Mount, Virginia
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2016

The minute you step in you feel suspended in time. There are antiques to remind you when you were young They have candy, produce , cheeses , dried beans of all kinds . Very friendly & layback staff make it all the better

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Although I live 125 miles from this place I stop every time I go through, which is about every other week. All the sandwiches I have had are good and the homemade brownies, apple pies and other goodies are to die for. I always load up on them for the rest of my trip but by the time I get to Martinsville or South Boston I wish I had bought more, since its all eaten by then....

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank james p
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Nice stop on our way to Stuart. Got some local apples and peaches. The fried apple pies were fabulous

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

We stopped by the Poor Farmer's Mkt on our way home from a stay nearby. They have a variety of interesting merchandise, representative of rural Virginia. We bought some very reasonably priced local produce. They have a variety of food for purchase, including cobbler of the day, which looked good. Next time, we'll have lunch.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 2, 2016

I visited mainly due to Trip Advisor reviews - and even my husband, who is not a browser, loved this store. I fell in love with the carved wooden welcome bears at the front (am going to go get one one day!). We spent a happy half hour in the shop: loved the antiques and nick-nacks, and the produce was great. We left with some muscadine jelly (SO delicious my husband says we can only enjoy it on fresh baked biscuits; it is too good for toast!). Stop and enjoy this store, you won't regret it, even if you don't buy anything. Some of the prices were too rich for our taste but it was worth stopping just for a look.

Date of experience: June 2016