“A top of the world golf course”

Primland Resort Golf Course
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Narrow fairways, fast greens and loads of places to get in trouble, the Primland Resort Golf course has to be played just for the scenic vistas. It is challenging but not one that will make you more frustrated than your usual course. The staff, starter and bag handlers are all very nice and accommodating. I will go back and play. More importantly, I will go back for the hotel/lodge and all the extras!

1  Thank Mark D
There are newer reviews for Primland Resort Golf Course

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great course. Awesome views. On top of a mountain. Worth the drive.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I love golf, good food and being together. Primland delivered it all! Truly a very special place.

1  Thank Dentalduffer
Reviewed April 2, 2012

As someone who travels a great deal to industry and board related meetings, I recently spent a weekend at Primland to review it as a possible location for future meetings. I was impressed. I am not a scratch golfer, but fairly consistent off the tee. I found the course to be challenging, but not especially so. I felt the greens actually rewarded tee to green players and while it was my first round of the season, it was fairly simple to get a read on puts.

The staff at Primland is extremely responsive to any problems. I have been on a special diet. I ordered a breakfast item and there was a mix-up. When I explained the situation, they eliminated the charge for the meal and were very solicitous in trying to make the situation better. The golf staff were wonderful to work with and very eager to assist.

The Suite I stayed in was beautiful and I had the best nights sleep I have ever experienced away from home. The style exudes calm and provides a haven after a day of meetings. The pool and spa areas are excellent and the vistas and walking trails are memorable. The meals are certainly more than adequate and reasonably priced when compared to comparable locations I have experienced.

I attended the Star Master weekend presentations. The presentations were given in the observatory. Dr. Holly Gilbert did a fine job discussing various aspects of the way the sun functions and its impact on the earth. I would recommend that they consider having the speaker presentation in a more traditional meeting room. The speaker is put at a disadvantage as participants sit around a room looking at multiple monitors. When she points to objects, it is not reflected the same on all monitors. It also makes for an awkward presentation for the speaker.

The ability to use the telescope is heavily dependent on weather. I would recommend that they utilize the telescope to obtain visuals on clear nights that can be shown during the presentation.While some of this was done, it should be a more prominent part of the presentation. They would also benefit from providing a digital collection of these images and images from Primland that could be given or sold to guests. Not only would these images be useful as screensavers or desktop backgrounds it turns every potential visitor into a marketing arm for Primland!

Primland is an excellent getaway and isolated location for board retreats or a relaxing weekend in the mountains.

R. Dingess

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Beautiful location, but pricing set to exclude locals.

2  Thank Mommasteere