See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

We pulled in because a storm was threatening. It's a basic room with no amenities but is clean and the a/c blows cold. It kept the rain off us and the owner is a nice lady. Good view of the road if you like to sit outside and smoke cigars.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed January 13, 2017

In spite of heavy snows, the hotel owner went out of his way to accommodate us. He even turned on the heat in the room in anticipation of our arrival so that we'd be comfortable as soon as we walked in.
This motel is spartan. There is no breakfast, nor are there refrigerators or microwaves. But the cleanliness and customer service make staying here a memorable pleasure. It's location adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway and in the Meadows of Dan community add to its favorability. I look forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: The owner indicated he's working to restore Wi-Fi before Spring. Currently, there is no internet access. The rooms do have Dish network.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2017

It is an older motel, nothing fancy, but clean, nice size bathroom. Unfortunately no refrigerator in the room, if you need ice, go to the owner and they give you ice from their freezer. The restaurant in front of the motel is closed! So we went to Big Jon's Southern BBQ, all i can say it was the worst meal we ever ate.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

This place is locally owned. It is clean and freshened up. There are single rooms and efficiency rooms with coffee makers and refrigerators. Great price for what you get. No frills or fanciness. We will visit again.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed May 17, 2016

(I reviewed this property previously under the heading,"Much Better Than it Looks From the Road",and I stand by that review; here is an updated review:)

After I checked in,the owner came by for a moment to introduce himself. We talked a few minutes and I mentioned that the "emissions" light had come on in my car. He offered to call a mechanic he knew,and did so,getting me an appointment for eight o'clock the following morning.

The room I got had been updated and the price had remained the same.

As I said before,I'll stay here again because of the reasonable cost and its proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The next morning,the mechanic diagnosed the problem correctly,ordered the part,installed it,fixed the problem,and charged me a fair price. If it ever comes up(and I hope it does not) anybody local can direct you to,"the garage behind the bank".

**Thank you Blue Ridge Motel owner Sean for the assist getting my car fixed.**