“Breakfast and Lunch....ahhh...nomnomnomnomnom...”

The Thunderbird Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a locally owned restaurant specializing in southern comfort dishes and cuisines.Breakfast served all day!Signature handcrafted burgers!Specialty sandwiches!Comfort food entrees!Full espresso bar!Blue Plate Specials: 10 meals under 5!Happy Hour: 4 pm - 6 pm everyday!
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had breakfast and lunch here and highly recommend it---the food is fantastic and the staff is friendly and very competent -- and the store is clean and organized--they are rocking ready for . For breakfast, husband had an omelet with the creamiest grits ever (loaded with cream and butter, how could you go wrong?) I had the burrito blanketed in the BEST mole sauce (a 2-day homemade process we were told) and fresh fruit. For lunch, husband had the Rueben on homemade marbled rye; I had the Bistro burger...both sandwiches were huge and juicy--my husband loved his sandwich--juicy and not at all greasy, he said. We splurged on dessert that day, he with the chocolate pie and me with the berry peach crisp, both homemade...ohmyohmy were they delicious. Can't wait to go back. :-)

1  Thank steve j

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We've eaten here for both breakfast and lunch and have never been disappointed. The staff is more than accommodating, especially when it came to some dietary restrictions. They are all extremely friendly, remember you when you return and attend to your needs without making you feel rushed or bothered. They offer different twists on old favorites; don't miss the Country Fried Steak with Bacon Sage Gravy...and be sure to ask for a side of the gravy because it's ridiculously good!! And if you don't like grits, revisit them here. They're made with cream and buttermilk and don't taste anything like the starchy white side normally offered in restaurants. Just a drizzle of maple syrup makes them qualify for a breakfast dessert. Don't pass this cafe by!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had breakfast here on our way out of town. The breakfast menu is quite extensive. I had some French Toast with some yummy blueberry cream cheese topping and some crispy bacon. I appreciate that they cooked the bacon the way I like it. Suggestion would be more healthy choices.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Terrific omlettes, sausages, ham and gigantic pancakes. I had the Orange Dreamsicle pancake just to try it...absolutely delicious! The grits were good and the biscuit was fluffy. Excellent spot for breakfast.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We had some bad restaurant experiences while we were visiting Massanutten, thank goodness this wasn't one of them. We were really looking forward to brunch the day we were leaving and Thunderbird had a simple but extensive menu that covered all the breakfast items you'd want and even offered lunch of you were in by 11am. I've never seen my son eat an entire stack of pancakes without leaving some on his plate, he devoured the short stack of blueberry pancakes. I had the blueberry cream cheese French toast and it was decent. I liked the idea of it, but honestly IHOPs stuffed French toast is way better. My husband loved his club and my parents were very happy with the southwest omelette and eggs and ham. If you are staying Massanutten don't waste your time or money going to the Fairways restaurant for breakfast. Just head down the mountain and go to the Thunderbird cafe. It's much better and way cheaper!