“Great breakfast spot”

The Thunderbird Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a locally owned restaurant specializing in southern comfort dishes and cuisines.Breakfast served all day!Signature handcrafted burgers!Specialty sandwiches!Comfort food entrees!Full espresso bar!Blue Plate Specials: 10 meals under 5!Happy Hour: 4 pm - 6 pm everyday!
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Terrific omlettes, sausages, ham and gigantic pancakes. I had the Orange Dreamsicle pancake just to try it...absolutely delicious! The grits were good and the biscuit was fluffy. Excellent spot for breakfast.

There are newer reviews for The Thunderbird Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We had some bad restaurant experiences while we were visiting Massanutten, thank goodness this wasn't one of them. We were really looking forward to brunch the day we were leaving and Thunderbird had a simple but extensive menu that covered all the breakfast items you'd want and even offered lunch of you were in by 11am. I've never seen my son eat an entire stack of pancakes without leaving some on his plate, he devoured the short stack of blueberry pancakes. I had the blueberry cream cheese French toast and it was decent. I liked the idea of it, but honestly IHOPs stuffed French toast is way better. My husband loved his club and my parents were very happy with the southwest omelette and eggs and ham. If you are staying Massanutten don't waste your time or money going to the Fairways restaurant for breakfast. Just head down the mountain and go to the Thunderbird cafe. It's much better and way cheaper!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great breakfast place. We've eaten here on several occasions. I tried the catfish and it was well seasoned and lightly breaded. The portions are generous and most of the staff is pleasant. The waiter we had yesterday was pretty nonchalant and failed to check on us. Thank goodness for the rest of the staff. The french toast was good and they do have interesting daily specials. The pancakes are huge.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

While traveling, I use trip advisor and found the hamburgers to be okay. Perhaps other food is outstanding, I'm not sure.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

They got my curiosity up when their special read "orange dreamsickle taco pancake"- just divine-light as a feather-great price. My husband is a grits man. He had Country Fried steak breakfast. Incredible grits--have never tasted such delicious grits! I'd eat them all the time. Our server said they're done in buttermilk...who knew that combo! The grits locally stone milled @ Wades Mill @ Staunton,VA! So wish I had them. Fabulous breakfast!