Tripadvisor
McGaheysville
Review Highlights
Normally 5 stars but...

We have been several times and the kids always have a good time. However, over President's Day... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Paradise10198235687
Great fun

Such a fun thing to do in the middle of winter. We went with friends and our kids ranged from 6 to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
504kristip
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
via mobile

All reviews lazy river wave pool all ages tube slides great wolf lodge family hot tub smaller slides body slides flow rider lots of fun older kids arcade games great family fun year olds day pass lockers flowrider
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So this water park is a great amenity to the Massanutten resort and gives you a nice break from the snow sports. HOWEVER, my son and I have tried it two years in a row, and we really can't make it past an hour and a half. Last year the outside temperature was bitterly cold, but this year it was in the 40's, and it's just not warm enough. Both the water temperature and the air temperature make you freezing in seconds and there is only so much you can take. We end up going to the warm pool that is packed body to body to warm up, but then everything feels colder getting out. Truly, if this was $15 or so to get in, this would be fine, but the price is WAY too high (plus locker rental, etc) to really only be able to enjoy this for an hour or so. Neither one of us think we are very wimpy and we love swimming, but we were literally shivering. I was toughing it out as long as possible for my kid, but eventually with blue lips he asked to go. We won't ever try again. I've been to Great Wolf Lodge and they seem to be able to do a much better job of keeping both the air and water temperature feeling warmer.

1  Thank Bmonster18134
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my family's second time visiting the Water Park for a day. Overall this is a great waterpark with plenty to do for various age groups: small lounge pool for young kids, small kids play area, slides for various ages, tubing, surfing, lazy river, etc. We have yet to experience the outdoor portion of the Water Park, but it looks great and I hear that this summer (2020) there will be at least one more thrill ride opening. As for the indoor portion, it is lots of fun; it is a great option to pair with snow activities when you visit the resort in the winter.

With all that said, I give this waterpark only 4 stars for the following reasons:

1) There is no towel service, so be prepared to lug a big bag to hold your towels et al. It would be so much better as a four-season resort to have this one, maybe not so simple in practice, but conceptually simple, thing. My family had to pack for 2 seasons (snow outside, summer waterpark inside) and pack all of our beach towels. Pain in the butt!
2) There are no complimentary lockers to use. That's okay for my family personally—we trust people at this family-friendly resort—but if you wanted to get a locker, the price is pretty high.
3) No good place to lounge. There are rows and rows of chairs, but no lounge areas. Unfortunately, they just do not have space it seems.
4) The water and air temperature are not warm enough; particularly the water temperature though. My wife and kids were frequently getting cold (like, lips turning blue!) and unless you're literally moving around constantly you will get kinda cold even when completely submerged in the water. They need to up the temperature of the main water by a couple of degrees. I'm comparing this to other waterparks such as Great Wolf Lodge, where we do not experience the same issue. In the summer the temperature would have been fine as you can just go outside, but for the winter they need to increase it a few degrees.
5) Speaking of Great Wolf Lodge, it hands down takes the cake for best indoor waterpark that we've been to. Now, realizing that it is indoor only, and the fact that we haven't experienced the Massanutten Water Park's outdoor area...if we are only comparing the indoor portion, GWL is better. It has better tube slides and one thrill ride (the Howling Tornado), the food quality is much better than the Snack Shack at Massanutten, there are *small* complimentary lockers with for-pay lockers that are larger, the water temperature is better, it has a large indoor Wave Pool which is awesome, it has lounge areas and places to sit and eat throughout the indoor area and not confined to one location, and finally, IT HAS TOWEL SERVICE!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We love Massenutten..There's so much do and at the same time it's very relaxing. The resort is beautiful

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Our grandchildren as well as my almost 90-year-old mother-in-law loved the Massanutten Water Park. There was something for everyone: lazy river, slides of different heights, spas with different temperature (hot and very hot), wave surfing, snack bar and restaurant, arcade, changing rooms for families, showers, lockers. Towels are not provided.

1  Thank Madison S
Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

Have owned at Massanutten over 20 years. Remember when the waterpark first opened and it just kept getting better. Have had multiple friends come with me to the waterpark with children and it's great for all ages,and adults! Can definitely be an all day activity for all, especially when bad weather. Love it.

Date of experience: December 2019