“A really nice evening!”

Wine Maker's Dinner
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The event is not really held in a restaurant. It is sponsored by the resort in their conference center. The chef, from one of the resort restaurants, did a marvelous job on all 5 courses. The wines were from a well known Virginia winery. The wines were extremely well matched to each food course. On their own, however, I would probably not buy any of them. This event is held weekly, with different wineries participating. I would definitely attend the wine / dinner again. I should also mention that my wife and I were seated with two other couples. We had never met them before that evening, but the experience was very pleasant. Everyone shared some good stories. It was a fun night.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The 5 course dinner was nicely paced with Virginia wines from Cross Keys Winery. I didn't really like some of the wines just to sip but they matched each course so perfectly I had no complaints. The chef described each course, the winemaker was there as well as the "MC" from the resort. It was a fun evening and a good value.

1  Thank AnnC576
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I enjoyed the Virginia Winemakers' Dinner. It was the best wine pairing. After seating at the table, we welcomed each other. My tablemates and I chatted throughout the dinner; the Winemaker representative was seated at my table and he joined the conversations. Before each course, the chef and winemaker representative introduced the course preparation and the wine selection. We had a wonderful time which accompanied the flavorful food and great wine. The parings worked beautifully; they did not overpower or conflict.
Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Raspberry Vinaigrette and Microgreens
Wine: Bluestone Vineyards 2011 Vidal Blanc

Soup: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Sage Croutons
Wine: Bluestone Vineyards 2010 Viognier

Salad: Tropical Fruit Salad with Pecans and Brown Sugar
Wine: Bluestone Vineyards 2011 Rose

Entrée: Garlic Seared Tenderloin with Cayenne Tomato Relish served with Cheddar Grits and Sautéed Asparagus
Wine: Bluestone Vineyards 2010 Cabernet Franc

Dessert: Upside-down Banana Pie
Wine: Bluestone Vineyards Crooked and Weedy

I preferred the Saturday night dinner, not the Thursday night dinner. You should choose the day and menu that works best for you.
I would attend the winemaker’s dinner again and I may drive there just for the winemaker’s dinner. The winemaker’s dinner is worth the drive and it is worth the prix fixe.