“Sub par buffet.”

Blue Ridge Buffet & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in McGaheysville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

The only reason to go to this buffet is if you are in the waterpark and don't want to go anywhere else for dinner. Food doesn't have much flavor, the selection is not great, it's expensive for what it is, and they charged an 18% gratuity for our party of 8...it's a buffet! The water didn't do anything besides being us drinks!

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

After a long day in this 40 million-dollar water park, the family (including nephews, nieces, grandparents and siblings) decided to try out this restaurant. What a disappointment.

The selection was pretty good, but it was some pretty lousy "cafeteria" food. The meatballs had so much salt in them I couldn't choke them down. The mini corn dogs must have been rolled in salt, too. The sirloin steak (3 thin pieces were all they'd slice off and allow at a time was cold (I took it back and insisted on hot steak-only to be served a lukewarm piece from their oven--I gave up after the second try!). The soft serve ice cream machine was out of chocolate, and the vanilla spigot wouldn't shut off and ran all over the floor! It was all so unpleasant. Most of the food was inedible. Desserts were dry or sticky, pizza slices hard as a brick, baked chicken was tasteless, and grandpa couldn't eat more than a bite of his boiled cabbage for all the black pepper on it!

We had 9 people and even with Massanutten Resort discounts on 8 of those meals ($1.50 each) the bill still came out to $140! Grandpa paid for it and even gave the waitress a $25 tip. All she did was bring us soft drinks and clear away used dishes.

Massanutten should be ashamed to run such a poor restaurant. School lunches anywhere are prepared with more care!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was very skeptical about trying this buffet, but my family wanted to go, so I gave it a chance. BIG MISTAKE. My stomach was an absolute wreck all evening and I thought I was going to be sick several times. My mom and brother had the same reaction. The food quality is terrible - they leave the food sitting out much longer than they should, for one thing. In addition to that, it tastes very bland, kind of like a microwavable meal. I tried a variety of different items, and none of them were good. There was something labeled "chicken nuggets" that I tried which ended up being fish nuggets (gross ones, by the way). The fried chicken is bad, the potatoes have no flavor, and the macaroni & cheese is just horribly disappointing. How hard is it to make macaroni & cheese?! I would definitely never recommend this restaurant, nor will I ever eat here again.

1  Thank BeachBumm16
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Dave and I were saving room for beer, but our families really wanted to eat at the Blue Ridge Buffet.
Part Marine Corps chow hall, part New Jersey Turnpike rest stop, and part water park for the great unwashed, this buffet serves adequate food for its environment. The servers work hard dealing with crazy looking tourists, and tourists throw food everywhere (beware the ice cream station).
If you are forced to come here, you will probably find something you like. Some stuff was horrible, much of it was mediocre, and a few items were decent.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

If you are ever going to Massanutten Resort, stay away from this restaurant. It is the worst buffet I've ever been to. First, it is way overpriced for the limited selection they have. Second, their food is bad. The frozen pasta you can buy on grocery stores taste better than any combination you can make at their pasta bar! We ate around 7pm and the food looks and taste like they've been there for since they opened.
The teen guy on the reception desk was on the phone and did not even acknowledge us. He was obviously on a personal call, maybe to his gf cause I've heard some "I love you"s. One of their server noticed this and took us to our table brought us bread and kept our drinks filled. She is the only good thing I say about this place.
I tried commenting on their facebook page but my comment was quickly removed. Good thing there is tripadvisor, so if you do not want to be disappointed, go to their other restaurants and stay away from this place!

1  Thank NHOLAI