“Too much right here - but nearby there is a lot of nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Massanutten Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McGaheysville
Massanutten Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McGaheysville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Too much right here - but nearby there is a lot of nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The building on this mountain continues. There is housing available for almost anyone. We stay in a timeshare unit (the oldest on the mountain, Mountainside Villas) and it is very comfortable. The furniture is updated as needed. It is right on the golf course. Lots of deer (unfortunately they are so used to humans that they will beg). There is a full kitchen and 2 bedrooms with additional bedding in the loft and the living room pull-out coach. The downstairs bathroom has a sauna and a whirlpool tub. In the fall - check out the leaves. In the winter there is a ski lodge. In the summer there are pools and golf. In the spring you can just enjoy the setting. Close to the Skyline Bridge. The resort has planned activities, a fitness center, and tours.

Room Tip: We stay in Mountainside Villas unit 22. It is right on the golf course. It is quiet. There is a l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SueMC_56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Turkish first
Newark, DE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have owned a time share for over twenty five years, and last visited the Massanutten area over 10 years ago. I was excited to visit again, and Woodstone Meadows was supposed to be the nicest of all the RCI units. Sadly disappointed !!! The layout of the unit was very strange. The bathroom was way oversized with a Jacuzzi (really - do people still use these water wasters?), and the master bedroom so small that end tables had to be placed sided ways to fit. It appears that the maintenance folks tried to touch up the walls; however the paint doesn't match, and it makes the unit look cheap. The living furniture was comfortable and the kitchen well stocked. Our biggest complaint is the noise factor. There isn't much of a sound barrier and we could hear our upstairs neighbors every step and every flush ! On the positive side, the resort has a full list of activities, actually more than I've seen at any other resort over the past 25 years. However, most of it isn't free. It could be expensive for a family. But, for the little ones, there's a great playground and at least that is free. One of the nicest features is the resort has a full spa treatment service. My husband loved his first massage, and noted the staff was professional. This is a great location for anyone living in the DE/NJ/PA area.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a room that faces the golf course or the mountains and not the playground.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LM-Delaware
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My parents literally have owned 4 of these time shares for as long as I can remember. It's always been easy for us to get my mom to book us a week through RCI for a weekend getaway to go skiing or more recently the waterpark. We've always been in the 2 bedroom condos with 2 bathrooms and a pull out couch and jacuzzi tub. It's always been very clean and check in has been pretty easy if my mom books it for us since she's the owner. I've never been pressured to buy, but obviously my parents have. Now that I have kids I think that this could be a nice place for summer, but you have to book activities, Otherwise, there is not much to do. In the winter there is skiing, but the skiing here is really expensive for the size of the mountain. It's small. I've also never had any issues with the Fairways restaurant, but this most recent time with small kids it was such an ordeal! They were really thrown off by the carseat my infant was in and the food was way below average.

Waterpark is great, rooms great, book activities and possibly plan excursions on your own (vineyards, the caverns, the civil war museum) and you'll be fine!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Newlywed0825
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

As a gift, I was given a week's stay from a friend who owns at Massanutten. The condo had a kitchenette that was completely functional with the appliances provided in the unit. It has two balconies, large indoor hot tub, and electric fireplace. Overall, the unit was nice and clean. It was a quiet week and not very busy during my stay. Which was a welcomed bonus considering I was there for rest and relaxation. I did not experience the noise spoken about in the other reviews. From what I could tell, there are several lodging options. Maybe too many. Because I was traveling alone I did not experience the sales pitch described in other posts.

The print on the resort maps are dark, small and somewhat confusing. I suggest if you are going to a "scheduled" activity, check out the location prior to your arrival time. It is a massive resort and trying to locate some of the amenities were a challenge.

I attended the Aromatherapy class and was pleased with the instructor. I learned how to mix specific blends of oils. There were some premixed oils or you can have it mixed to your liking for purchase. The prices were reasonable.

The Spa was nice and so were the employees. I received the Swedish Massage and Facial package. The masseuse was nice. The services were okay and not quite superior based on other spas I have been to. But, it was good to get a little pampering in during my trip. I did not eat at any of the resort's restaurants. I preferred eating at the local spots. And, there are plenty of places to eat within a 5 to 10 mile radius. The Appalachia Bakery in Elkton is awesome! I had the Cabiatta Pizza. Across from the entrance of the resort is the Log Cabin Barbeque was okay. I had the rotisserie chicken. The Xania Kabab grille was mediocre at best. There are numerous restaurants and a few grocery stores that can cover all of your food needs.

The Lavender Farm is a few miles from the resort and is a very nice family business that I enjoyed visiting and purchased several gifts to bring home to family and friends. The Turkeys are friendly towards humans...I think I'll become a vegan, lol.

The gift shop outside the resort property, next to the gas station is nicely priced and owned by the resort. I also went to a recommended shop called Solace (in Elkton across from Appalachia Bakery) owned by a local artist and was utterly impressed with the items for sale and the awesome customer service. I purchased a few things.

I enjoyed the entire stay at Massanutten.This location is good for families or solo vacations.

Room Tip: Stayed in unit P, a 2 bedroom second floor condo unit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Love2TravelEverywher
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My sister and brother in-law invited me to join them at this resort for some golfing. We stayed here from May 10-17(Redstone Dr, 378F). We were able to play both golf courses(Woodstone Meadows and Mountain Greens) a few times. Getting an "Activity Card" will cut the cost down(free if you want to give away 3-4hrs of your time on time sharing pitch) and gave us free access to see the Luray Caverns Museum. Lots of Activity for All ages are available. We have to drive to each activity centre as it's fairly far from our unit. A "shuttle" would have been ideal as it's a huge resort. There is a nice viewpoint if you take Del Webb Dr. all the way to the top. We also did the horseback riding trail that lasted only 40mins. instead of an hour as advertised. Nevertheless, it was good experience. The Unit has most of the appliances you'll need if you plan on using the kitchen. This was our initial plan but decided to eat out as we did other activity outside the resort and did not have enough time to cook. In all, it is a good, clean resort, perfect if you have kids as this place has lots to offer which will keep them entertained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank andthenwhat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Up until recently I had never heard of this place; I'm glad I found it. This place is beautiful it is right on the base of the mountains with a great view. The villas are new with great jacuzzi tubs. The condos are really nice and quiet and honestly you don't need to go far there is a ski lift, arcade, water park, spa, horse back riding, zip lining, miniature golf,pool, gym, and basketball court on site. Not to mention going into town they have restaurants and clothing stores. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Kia28
Landisville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was a clean resort, family friendly. Our unit the living room was large you could hear people in the next unit, but it was quiet in the evening. You had to drive to everything. Our experience with staff was positive. Golf was a little costly for the courses unless you sat through the sales pitch. We played at Packsaddle, a short ride and less cost. Skyline Cafe at the light on Rt 33 was a nice place
We took a trip to Jefferson home, for us it was less then a hours drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kgkggard
Also consider these accommodations in or near McGaheysville
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg
#11 of 22 in Harrisonburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Been to Massanutten Resort? Share your experiences!