“Great R & R Vacation at Woodstone in Massanutten”
Review of Massanutten Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McGaheysville
Massanutten Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McGaheysville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great R & R Vacation at Woodstone in Massanutten”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

As a gift, I was given a week's stay from a friend who owns at Massanutten. The condo had a kitchenette that was completely functional with the appliances provided in the unit. It has two balconies, large indoor hot tub, and electric fireplace. Overall, the unit was nice and clean. It was a quiet week and not very busy during my stay. Which was a welcomed bonus considering I was there for rest and relaxation. I did not experience the noise spoken about in the other reviews. From what I could tell, there are several lodging options. Maybe too many. Because I was traveling alone I did not experience the sales pitch described in other posts.

The print on the resort maps are dark, small and somewhat confusing. I suggest if you are going to a "scheduled" activity, check out the location prior to your arrival time. It is a massive resort and trying to locate some of the amenities were a challenge.

I attended the Aromatherapy class and was pleased with the instructor. I learned how to mix specific blends of oils. There were some premixed oils or you can have it mixed to your liking for purchase. The prices were reasonable.

The Spa was nice and so were the employees. I received the Swedish Massage and Facial package. The masseuse was nice. The services were okay and not quite superior based on other spas I have been to. But, it was good to get a little pampering in during my trip. I did not eat at any of the resort's restaurants. I preferred eating at the local spots. And, there are plenty of places to eat within a 5 to 10 mile radius. The Appalachia Bakery in Elkton is awesome! I had the Cabiatta Pizza. Across from the entrance of the resort is the Log Cabin Barbeque was okay. I had the rotisserie chicken. The Xania Kabab grille was mediocre at best. There are numerous restaurants and a few grocery stores that can cover all of your food needs.

The Lavender Farm is a few miles from the resort and is a very nice family business that I enjoyed visiting and purchased several gifts to bring home to family and friends. The Turkeys are friendly towards humans...I think I'll become a vegan, lol.

The gift shop outside the resort property, next to the gas station is nicely priced and owned by the resort. I also went to a recommended shop called Solace (in Elkton across from Appalachia Bakery) owned by a local artist and was utterly impressed with the items for sale and the awesome customer service. I purchased a few things.

I enjoyed the entire stay at Massanutten.This location is good for families or solo vacations.

Room Tip: Stayed in unit P, a 2 bedroom second floor condo unit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Love2TravelEverywher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Turkish first
toronto
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My sister and brother in-law invited me to join them at this resort for some golfing. We stayed here from May 10-17(Redstone Dr, 378F). We were able to play both golf courses(Woodstone Meadows and Mountain Greens) a few times. Getting an "Activity Card" will cut the cost down(free if you want to give away 3-4hrs of your time on time sharing pitch) and gave us free access to see the Luray Caverns Museum. Lots of Activity for All ages are available. We have to drive to each activity centre as it's fairly far from our unit. A "shuttle" would have been ideal as it's a huge resort. There is a nice viewpoint if you take Del Webb Dr. all the way to the top. We also did the horseback riding trail that lasted only 40mins. instead of an hour as advertised. Nevertheless, it was good experience. The Unit has most of the appliances you'll need if you plan on using the kitchen. This was our initial plan but decided to eat out as we did other activity outside the resort and did not have enough time to cook. In all, it is a good, clean resort, perfect if you have kids as this place has lots to offer which will keep them entertained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank andthenwhat
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Up until recently I had never heard of this place; I'm glad I found it. This place is beautiful it is right on the base of the mountains with a great view. The villas are new with great jacuzzi tubs. The condos are really nice and quiet and honestly you don't need to go far there is a ski lift, arcade, water park, spa, horse back riding, zip lining, miniature golf,pool, gym, and basketball court on site. Not to mention going into town they have restaurants and clothing stores. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Kia28
Landisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was a clean resort, family friendly. Our unit the living room was large you could hear people in the next unit, but it was quiet in the evening. You had to drive to everything. Our experience with staff was positive. Golf was a little costly for the courses unless you sat through the sales pitch. We played at Packsaddle, a short ride and less cost. Skyline Cafe at the light on Rt 33 was a nice place
We took a trip to Jefferson home, for us it was less then a hours drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kgkggard
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great place to stay for a family vacation. Large and clean pool, also an indoor pool which came in handy when rained. Lots activities ti choose from and (for a fee of course) for all ages. We had 3,9 and 12 year old. My son enjoyed golfing with his dad, the activity and nature centre had daily free and paid nature activities. Rooms were very large and clean. We had a 2 bedroom, very nice except tv in main living room was very small and there was hardly enough living room furniture for family of 5. The petting zoo and horse riding, my kids loved it but we only went once, waaayy over priced. You can't beat the natural scenery, mountains and wildlife, we saw deer daily on sides of mountain. Would have been nice if there were some more hiking trails, there were some on mountain Scenic lookout inresort. We drove into town-15 min drive for shopping and food etc. Highly recommend driving to the Shenandoah caves, about hour away, highlight of our trip.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Family5_TO
Hollis, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We took our kids and granddaughter and stayed for a week at Massanutten in a 2 bedroom unit. The resort is very large and you will need a car to get around. The unit was very large and clean. It appeared to have new carpet and updated linens. Although it did not have grantite counters, the kitchen had everything we needed. Disappointed that we had a shared laundry, (shared only with lower unit ) but liked having the laundry so close - but with the unit being so large was surprised that they couldn't find a spot for it in the unit. The mountian views were great from our screened porch. There were many deer around so you had to be careful driving up the mountain roads as they could be anywhere. There was alot of actiivities scheduled and close (on the resort). Loved the water park! The water park was very well staffed and fun for the whole family. Only wished the resort was closer to a town. It took at least 10 minutes to drive down the mountain and at least another 10 minutes to get to a small town larger towns were 30 mins or more... Washington DC was about 2 1/2 hours drive.

Room Tip: Because it is a mountain resort built into the hillsides many of the units had multiple stairs to cl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jennnelson
NYC
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Arrived March 3, 2013 for one week. Perfect accommodations. The best we've had in years. Cannot wait to return. Even with the one day snow storm in the middle of our visit - the roads were cleared by mid-day. So enjoyed the quiet, lo-season travel periods. Unit furnishings are curent and well appointed; 2 bedrooms / 2 baths, living-diining areas well designed along with a very modern kitchen. Plenty of storage space. To park you car in your own unit's garage then enter your unit from the garage is such a pleasure, espeically after you have gone food shopping. Check-in was easy and there was absolutely NO pressure to attend the requsite sales presentation that seems to be a part of any time-share vacation. A return to this property cannot come too soon for us.

Room Tip: Travel lo-season.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DA_SINYC
Also consider these accommodations in or near McGaheysville
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Residence Inn Harrisonburg
#1 of 22 in Harrisonburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Been to Massanutten Resort? Share your experiences!