Super 8 by Wyndham Chiswell/Max Meadows Area
$109
Comfort Inn(Wytheville)
$81
ComfortInn
Travelodge by Wyndham Wytheville(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$52
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

Days Inn by Wyndham Wytheville(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$55
Motel 6 Wytheville(Wytheville)
$45
$40
Motel 6
$136
$73
Budget Host Inn(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$50
$42
Priceline
Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville(Wytheville)(Great Value!)
$65
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

$101
All reviewsroom was cleanexcellent roomtruck stop next doornight's restcontinental breakfastwaffle makermountain viewfort chiswella great stayoatmealmotelinterstatehairdryeracwyndhammicrowavelinens
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stopped at three Super 8's on my recent trip, and this was the worst of the three - But read on, it wasn't horrible!
This was the kind of road trip where I am looking for a cheap place to crash for a few hours. I chose lodging based on low price and desirable location for a stop. Beyond that, my criteria are that the place be clean, secure and functional. It has beeen a long time since I tried a Super 8, and my recollection was of a cheap, marginal place to stay. This was a little better than what I remembered. The building is nice. The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient. The room was clean and secure. The microwave, fridge and coffee maker were all clean and functional. Really, the only problems were a slow-draining sink and some really well-worn furniture pieces. Outside noise was abundant, but somehow was nearly inaudible inside. Oh yeah, probably the biggest problem was that it sounded like there was a basketball team upstairs, practicing and rearraanging furniture until about 1:30 AM. When I checked out, I mentioned it, and the desk clerk said I shouldd have said something before. I pointed out that complainers are readily identified by complainees, and I really didn't need the hassle - Besides, I managed to get six hours of sleep, and rude/noisy guests may be the motel's responsibility to address, but they are an unavoidable nuisance in any hotel (The noisiest neighbor I can ever recall was in a $400/night accommodation). I'd probably stay here again if my itinerary made it a logical place to stop. BTW, I found the one review characterizing thiss place as "pricey" to be funny. I paid $44 plus tax, but anything under $70 is unusually cheap in that area. I guess I was just happy to find something less than the $120+ that's common where I live.
One observation - If you want the Ritz, don't stay at a budget lodging. They keep their prices low by economizing on what they give you.

Room Tip: If you go for the second floor, there won't be anybody banging around over your head.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed here on a Friday night, in hopes of finding a motel a bit cheaper than the ones further down I-77 near Hillsville. This one was slightly cheaper, but not much more- with taxes, the total came to around $62 for the night (single, non-smoking)

I got a ground-floor room on the far end of the motel, and there were a fair number of people staying here. I didn't have any problems with my room- I didn't have any of the smell/mold issues; the bathroom and beds were clean, with no pests. There were some slight maintenance/cosmetic issues, but nothing that affected me. The TV worked fine, and the Internet wi-fi worked the first time without any password, and was fairly fast. I used my own alarm clock, but other than that, everything worked as well as I needed it.

The price still seemed a bit steep, although it was Memorial Day weekend. This motel is in the first off-ramp past the I-77/I-81 interchange and has a McDonald's and gas station, but there are other, more significant motel/restaurant districts at the next district and further along the highway into Wytheville. It might be worth checking to see what prices are like an exit or two further west along I-81.

Overall, I'm happy with the stay, I wish it was a bit less costly, but had no other complaints. Everything worked, and I got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The staff member at the counter was very friendly and helpful. She gave us directions to our room... and when we pulled around to the back to enter our room, we noticed a cop that appeared to be routinely circling the premises. Among entering the room, several mosquitos flew out the door as if they were saying, "Get me the hell out of this place!" We quickly knew why. The mold on the bathroom ceiling was so bad that I felt compelled to photograph it. The sink was so clogged that I could not run the water long enough to brush my teeth without turning it off to allow it to drain. When taking a shower (in flip flops! due to the mildew around the drain) the water backed up to my ankles. The floor was covered with hair and the toilet had urine on it. I slept on top of the blankets, with every inch of my body covered with my clothing. Luckily the room did not get hot. The deadbolt to the door was broken... with some of the parts missing. The jack and Jill door to the neighbors room was beyond sketchy. If we would have opened the mysterious door at the same time, we would have been face to face with a stranger. Needless to say, I snapped another picture and wedged a chair with heavy suitcases on top in front of the door. I slept with a light on... just in case! On the way home, we booked ahead at the Country Inn in Wytheville, where I am laying in a comfortable, safe, and very clean room writing this review. It was only $30 more... and more worth it than I could ever explain.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank HMBpitt
Reviewed March 4, 2012

There was mold in the bathroom, very run down and tattered.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here September 2nd with my husband. I will just say...never again! Bunch of trashy drunks hung out right outside our room all night, rooms were not clean at all, and we paid 100 bucks for the nastiest room I have ever stayed in my whole life!! Next time we r staying in WYTHVILLE!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS ROACH MOTEL!

• Stayed: September 2011