“Not up to normal standards of Hampton”

Hampton Inn Fort Chiswell
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Max Meadows
Richfield, United States
“Not up to normal standards of Hampton”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel was not up to the normal Hampton standards . The toliets flushed so loudly we were kept up at night, and the morning desk clerk was more interested in eating her breakfast in the guest dining area than taking care of guest check out and check in. Not at all professional. We always stay at Hampton's but will skip this one in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Deborah O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orrville, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a very nice motel. Very nicely decorated. The motel staff is very helpful and polite. The nicest breakfast I have ever had and the lobby where we ate was very tastefully decorated and arranged. We enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again, I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

stayed in this hotel as I had stayed before and been satisfied. I now see the hotel has been refurbished. a) I could not use the area to eat my snack as it is now. I was not able to use the microwave in the lounge but to use the one in your room. I do not like using the one in my room as I do not want a food smell in a place where I sleep. b) The room next door was slamming shut in the middle of the night. Its seems the auto door closes is set much to severe which means the door slams shut. This Kept me awake all night. c) The toilets have a suction flush. This is so loud it’s impossible to sleep now with this happening all over the hotel all night. d) The internet signal was very weak and was very poor reception e) The new breakfast area I was unhappy with . It has been restyled and is now a lounge area not a breakfast area. The few table were occupied and the settees occupied as well. I do not want to have my breakfast sitting on a stool with 12 others on a breakfast bar. In the end I had to sit on a settee when one was free to have my breakfast which is complete unsatisfactory. In summary I thought it was so bad there was no point in complaining I will just stay there anymore. As a new remodeled hotel this is the worst one I have stayed in for a long time. I fear this will be the news standard of the Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Troy, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I used to like this hotel. Won't stay there again. They've recently renovated (and raised prices to reflect) but apparently the people doing renovation have a "good enough" work standard. The door on my room had an 8 inch high gap from the floor on the edge where I could see into the hallway because the door was hung crooked and a good inch and a half gap at the bottom. I stuffed towels in the cracks to keep hallway noise out. There are holes in the wall where the drywall didn't quite meet where it was supposed to (in several places, not just one). Worse was finding pieces of lunch trash in the bathtub. On check in (late arrival) I had the feeling of disturbing the desk staff. Overall did not find to be professional. Breakfast is good (not the frozen/microwave some Hamptons are doing).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brownsburg, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Seems like this hotel is on an exit that would easily be overlooked. Hampton is one of the best I've stayed in and I've stayed in a lot of Hamptons. Definite 10! Sandwiched between larger exits but I think that's what makes it special. Very quiet and clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you are traveling south, especially on the heavily truck trafficked I81, and need a quiet, clean, relaxing place to stay - this hotel is ideal. Our room smelled fresh, it was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. The only downside of our overnight stay was no one had baked the evening cookie treat which we had looked forward to having with coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a very old Hampton Inn. The rooms are small and dark. There are no closets. There are no local restaurants and you look out at a truck stop. This was a last minute stay for us as weather caused us to stop an hour earlier than planned. I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn
#15 of 20 in Wytheville
The Bolling Wilson Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Chiswell? Share your experiences!