“Simple, straightforward and good Virginia BBQ”
Review of Dixie Pig Barbeque

Dixie Pig Barbeque
Ranked #13 of 62 Restaurants in Martinsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Been coming to Dixie Pig for over two decades. The only thing that has changed over that period of time is the cups they serve their drinks in. As stated in the title, it is simple, straightforward BBQ prepared by the same crew that has been in place for a very long time. Chopped/shredded or sliced pork served with slaw, hush puppies and fries. Is it the best I've ever had? Nope. Is it a good meal that will be made to order, served fresh and hot, and be the perfect medium for the delicious bottle of Carolina-style sauce you'll fine on your table- YES ! Ask for your fries well-done. Get a Green Hill Frank (which is pink) and some nicely-greasy onion rings as well. It is very inexpensive, probably the most inexpensive restaurant I have ever been to.

1  Thank larnole

Reviewed December 23, 2012

well if barbecue is your thing, you can't get better than here. the sides are good as well. it is a down home place and always busy; the wait staff is generally friendly and accommodating. i couldn't believe the prices for this food - sooooo low.

1  Thank megoliver45
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We got BBQ to go for a team meal off the property, and it was great! Could not have been happier with the food and the service...And they gave us plenty of sauces to take with us!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Okay, I returned to Martinsville, VA this past week. Yes, I do enjoy torture. I returned to the Dixie Pig twice. The best thing about this place is their amazing low prices. You could probably feed a family of four with your sofa change......literally folks. The service can be warm and welcoming or chilly and aloof. The atmosphere is straight out of 1978. So you want to know about the food. For the price you're going to pay, you have to try it yourself, it might be just your style. I found the BBQ boring. I would have liked the hush puppies if they were sweeter. The onion rings are a death trap....are they fried in pork grease? Yes, I believe they are. The iced tea is great! Did you want lemon with your tea? Just say no, unless you like the plastic squeeze lemon. All in all, if you're hungry and have a little cash, stop in for a bite, closed on Monday. I went back the second time because I had planned to take a pint of BBQ home with me, but after eating decided I didn't want it. Simple food, good prices, Zagat will not be stopping by.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

How does anyone do business like this? I was traveling with my family. I don't carry cash anymore. Geez I love Barbeque. It's terrible that I couldn't sample the food. Weird parking lot service. (Don't ask me, weird place.)