“On my second and third visits I carried a little cash....”
Review of Dixie Pig Barbeque

Dixie Pig Barbeque
Ranked #14 of 62 Restaurants in Martinsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Okay, I returned to Martinsville, VA this past week. Yes, I do enjoy torture. I returned to the Dixie Pig twice. The best thing about this place is their amazing low prices. You could probably feed a family of four with your sofa change......literally folks. The service can be warm and welcoming or chilly and aloof. The atmosphere is straight out of 1978. So you want to know about the food. For the price you're going to pay, you have to try it yourself, it might be just your style. I found the BBQ boring. I would have liked the hush puppies if they were sweeter. The onion rings are a death trap....are they fried in pork grease? Yes, I believe they are. The iced tea is great! Did you want lemon with your tea? Just say no, unless you like the plastic squeeze lemon. All in all, if you're hungry and have a little cash, stop in for a bite, closed on Monday. I went back the second time because I had planned to take a pint of BBQ home with me, but after eating decided I didn't want it. Simple food, good prices, Zagat will not be stopping by.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

How does anyone do business like this? I was traveling with my family. I don't carry cash anymore. Geez I love Barbeque. It's terrible that I couldn't sample the food. Weird parking lot service. (Don't ask me, weird place.)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We go there every Sunday that we are in town. The barbeque is good but we go for the slaw dogs and French fries or onion rings. There are the regulars, but you just don't know who you might see.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The BBQ was disappointing. The sliced plate was dry roasted pork..with sauce on the table. Slaw was average... The fries were really soggy and greasy...and lemon with our water was a well used plastic reallemon "lemon" . The young man that waited on us was very nice, but when we tried to pay with our debit card ( who doesn't take a debit or credit card these days??) The old man at the register was extremely rude about it, instead of just asking us if we wanted to pay by check, he made us feel like deadbeats because we left the house without cash money. I had to ask if I could possibly pay by check and he asked if it was any good. When I asked how to make it out, he shoved our ticket in front of me "Since you don't know where you are, HERE". Then he also wanted my cell phone before he would take the check. Not a good dining experience.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

have eaten at the dixie pig for 20 plus years of traveling, great bbq, homemade fries and a great bbq sauce a nice family run resturant

1  Thank charles w