“misleading and inexpensive”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Ridgeway, Virginia, United States
“misleading and inexpensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

For $40 a night you get a nice bed...that's it. This is my second stay at this facility although the first visit was really brief but I can surely say that I will NOT be returning. For starters I had made reservations through priceline.com and when I spoke to the staff about it somehow it went through bookings.com and I was charged more. I had made reservations for a room with fridge and microwave...I got neither.Once I finished the transaction the lady asked if I needed a microwave? I stared at her puzzled as I assumed that the room was to already have one. I told her yes, thinking that maybe some rooms are with and some without, but a gentleman then proclaimed that he "would bring it to me"? I had to chuckle but told him not to worry about it for I found it ridiculous that the room did not have a microwave standard as per my reservation. Alas I took my chances and upon entering the room I was met with the bare essentials, a t.v., bed, and coffee table, again no microwave in sight and not even the promised fridge. However I thought to myself "this is what $40 gets you" and proceeded to watch t.v. The outside banner boasts that it has HBO but we had only 11 or so channels the best of which was A&E. There was not even an alarm clock and you couldn't shower for long because the water didn't drain fast enough and built up turning into a bath in a matter of minutes. Our room was never met with housekeeping and thus had a lack of towels to which I went to the main office to ask for more but no one was at the front desk and the door was locked, albeit this was around 10 o clock so I'll give them that. The area was a little sketchy, I honestly believe I saw a drug deal go down. This place I could only recommend to those who need a single night stay, 2 at the most but don't expect much just the bare essentials. You could say "you get what you pay for" but there's no excuse for its lack of standards. If this is how new management is handling things I would hate to have seen who ran it before.

Room Tip: bring a portable DVD player if you wish watch something and your own microwave apparently
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank batfanatic12
deluxeinnmartinsvill, Manager at Deluxe Inn, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi !

I am sorry that I couldn't mak your stay pleasant, We are working on TV channels and it will resolve ASAP. Your two day reservation cost was $75.98 and with 7% tax we charged you $81.30, so I request you to recount your charge with 7% tax. We live on this property with my two little kids, We don't rent the room who create trouble and disturbance to other customer. We have no tolerance policy for drug use on the property. If it is possible please contact me so I can clear your doubts about charges.

Thank You !
Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Martinsville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

This property has received some pretty bad reviews on Trip Advisor in the past, but I just wanted to let everyone know that it has been purchased by a new owner and is undergoing lots of positive changes.

The new navy blue sign with the new name, Deluxe Inn, is the first thing you'll see and the new owner has done a great job of cleaning up the property and making the lobby a nice place to relax in. He is performing thorough cleanings of each room and upgrading the televisions and amenities in each room as funds are available so please visit Kevin soon and give this property a try.

With nightly rates under $40, this is a nice place for cost conscious travelers to stay. Families traveling with children should know that the hotel is within walking distance of a very nice skating rink.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MHCTourism
, Owner at Deluxe Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for all your support and guidance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
#3 of 3 in Eden
Quality Inn Dutch Inn
Quality Inn Dutch Inn
#1 of 2 in Collinsville

Been to Deluxe Inn? Share your experiences!