“Exciting race venue”

Martinsville Speedway
More attraction details
Owner description: Race track on which NASCAR races are run.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We tried the new Club 47 for watching the race in Martinsville. The track is doing a nice job of providing a suite experience for the race fans. Martinsville is a fun short track to watch a lot of action.

There are newer reviews for Martinsville Speedway

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went to the fall race in 2012 and it was great. I was not sure what to expect after having been to MLB staduims and NCAA staduims. But Martinsville was very nice and cozy. I was impressed by the way it was so easy to have a great time. The seats where great and the race was nice but i was more impressed with how personal the track was.

1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Martinsville is my second NASCAR experience after Charlotte. As the track is shorter, the ambiance is more intimate. Parking, food and organization were good. I had a place in Blue Ridge Tower, and I could watch everything on the track. Pit and Garage ambiance is a must to see.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

i have been to alot of races, from dirt to drag racing to nascar, and this track is best by far, the closeness to the track at every turn and every angle is awesome, the track is easy to get in and the traffic to get out after the race was moving great, plan on this nascar weekend every year from now,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

When traveling to Martinsville we took I-77 South to Exit 14 and over US58 to 220 right to the speedway. Everything was well marked and easy to get to. The US58 has a portion that is really hilly and winding so DO NOT go this route with your RV. We left the hotel at 8am that morning and was in the parking lot of the speedway by 9:15am. There was a BIG issue getting the people from the enterance road into the open fields to park. Otherwise from the hotel to the entereance of the speedway property there was NO NO NO traffic at all on the route mentioned. Once we finally got parked it is a super easy walk like 500 - 700 yards and boom you are at the speedway area. All of the vendors and SPEED stage and displays are all set up on the turn 3 & 4 side of the track and all paved areas to walk on and easy to walk up and down the slopes on the pathes provided. The famous Martinsville hotdog sucked. It is a red weiner...that is it nothing special. I prefer the 1/3 pound boss dog...now there is something worth eating. Race was OK...sick and tired of Jimmy Johnson but otherwise it was good. We set in section 210 turns 1& 2 row 7 and had perfect views of the entire place. Bleachers are solid so you can put your bags under them and not worry about them falling through. That section has servers that roam the grandstand and will get what ever you order from the concession stand and bring it back so you don't have to get up for anything. But trust me, it is a long ho-hum race from about lap 250-400 so I recommend getting up and walking to the refreshment stand and besides that it will save you some money not having to tip the server person. Leaving the track was awesome. We left the grass parking lot and turn left onto the speedway exit and then an immediate right on 220 and then all the traffic was just gone. We drove all the way back 58 to I-77 and didn't see probably 50 cars the whole 60 miles. It was great. We waited about 45 minutes from the end of the race before leaving but still there were some 60,000 people there so I thought traffic was pretty good.

1  Thank Mobile R