The motel gets high ratings for service - we were very happy with the friendly and helpful nature if the man who checked us in. Our room was very clean too. The pool was still closed for the season so I can't speak to that.
Easy to find when passing through but not terribly convenient to find restaurants by foot. When spending 7-8 hours on a motorcycle, one doesn't necessarily want to get back on to go find some dinner after you've cleaned up for the day.
The "deluxe" continental breakfast is very basic and as a Celiac sufferer (I can't eat any form of wheat, barley or rye), there was NOTHING i could eat - I couldn't even find a piece of fruit or yogurt on offering. So we had to go find breakfast which wasn't factored into our morning plans. And finding breakfast in this town at 7 am that is not a fast food joint is pretty well impossible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .A Martinsville, Virginia hotel - Econo LodgeNestled in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, the Econo Lodge ® hotel provides business and leisure travelers with relaxing and inviting accommodations.Local points of interest close to this Martinsville, VA hotel include:•Martinsville Speedway, home of the NASCAR Cup race•Virginia Museum of Natural History•Blue Ridge Institute & MuseumScenic opportunities are aplenty in this region thanks the natural barrier the surrounding mountains and lakes provide. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the multitude of recreation areas afforded in the vicinity. Whether you want to golf, swim, hike or bike, this area of Virginia offers something for everyone.Many entertainment venues, retailers and shopping centers are close to the hotel.This Martinsville, VA hotel provides full-service amenities like:•Free continental breakfast•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free local calls•Free coffeeAfter a busy day of work or play, guests of this Virginia hotel can come back and relax by the seasonal outdoor pool or unwind in the exercise room.Corporate travelers can take advantage of the modern conveniences afforded in the on-site business center, including a computer with Internet access, and copy and fax service. Two banquet and meeting rooms are located on the premises and can accommodate up to 200 people for most functions.In addition to standard amenities, all of our well-appointed guest rooms are furnished with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Ask about our rooms that have sofa sleepers. Connecting rooms are available.This Virginia hotel is pet-friendly; fees apply. For added convenience, laundry facilities are provided for guest use and valet cleaning service is available. Ample parking is provided.When you want countless features and an outstanding staff, look no further than the Econo Lodge hotel. Make a reservation with us today and experience all we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Martinsville
- Martinsville Best Western