“Comfy Stay”

Hampton Inn Martinsville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The bed and pillow was so comfortable. Also, the comforter had been cleaned which was a double plus for me since that is one of my pet peeves! Nice! The people working at this hotel were so friendly and nice, from the front desk to the sweet lady working the breakfast area. The fitness room is also great with a nice view of the pool and mountains. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Crowder,

Thank you for your review and I'm happy that you found us so comfortable and clean while you were here. I'm also glad to read our staff was friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the view from our fitness room. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Martinsville

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My stay was very comfortable. All the staff was great. Loved the bereavement rate that I received. We got a hotel because we thought the houses would be crowded due to a lot of people coming in from out of town, but not as many came as we expected. The second night we could have stayed at someones home but my husband was so impressed he wanted to stay the second night; and he can be cheaper than cheap. The toilet tissue in the shape of a rose and shaping the towel on the counter was a nice touch. Loved the kitchen staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Sandra A,

Thanks so much for reviewing our Hampton Inn - I'm glad that we were able to be there for you during a difficult time and appreciate you staying with us a second night even though you could have stayed elsewhere. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a more expensive hotel in Martinsville area and I have stayed here before becase the accomidations were better. This past stay this hotel didn't meet my expspectations at all.

I was put into a smoking room and I am a non-smoker.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ledzep1974
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Ledzep1974,

We appreciate your feedback - we are indeed nearing the completion of our renovations and can't wait to show off our refreshed look. I'd like to apologize that your most recent stay was not up to your expectations and that you were not placed in a non-smoking room. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager, Deborah Leonard, at 276-647-4700 or me at the number below. I'm happy to read that you stay with us because you feel we provide great accommodations and hope that you'll give us another chance on your next trip to Martinsville. Thanks again for your review.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the hotel to stay at if you're visiting Martinsville. Good location in relation to town, restaurants and shopping. Helpful staff, quiet room, nice folks. Nice complimentary breakfast from 6am - 10am.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob W

Dear Bob W,

Thank you for reviewing us and for your kind words. We're indeed nearby a variety of shopping and restaurants and I'm happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again and we'll see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for the weekend for a college tournament nearby. Decor all looked fresh and new. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff was very hospitable and helpful. Beds very comfortable. Heat was loud when it came on. But wasn't enough to keep us from coming back. Great choices at full breakfast. Server there was constantly working to replenish and make sure everyone had what they wanted. Nice that they offer free wi-fi--many of the expensive hotels charge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear NewJerseyQueenie,

Thanks for your review - I hope you enjoyed the tournament while you were here! I'm glad to read that you had a comfortable and clean stay and experienced great guest service. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the heat and will look into it so we can provide the best experience we can. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to Martinsville!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The plumbing in this hotel is unbelievably noisy. Every flush sounds as if the walls are coming down. Being on the second floor probably only made it worse. It made for a sleepless night, since people are up flushing at all hours. The thin walls didn't help, either. I could hear coughing in the next room.
all in all, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. I did find it odd that there is a post-it note on the headboard telling me that the sheets and duvet were cleaned for my stay. I always thought every hotel cleaned the sheets for every guest, so this seemed strange that they would go out of their way to tell me this information.

Room Tip: Maybe the top floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Live2traveldaworld,

Thank you for writing a review of our Hampton Inn. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern and your review will assist in correcting issues for the future. However, I am glad to read that you found us very clean and our staff friendly and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was in town for business and had a number of colleagues stay as well. They were very helpful and efficient and the rooms were very nice. Would like to see a little more variety with the breakfasts as once you've had it for a couple of days it gets very tired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear JSFXVA,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and our rooms so comfortable. We also appreciate your feedback and will discuss it as we aim to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thanks again and we hope to see you again when you're in Martinsville!

Daly Seven, Inc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
Econolodge
#4 of 6 in Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount/Smith Mtn Lake
Comfort Inn Smith Mountain Lake

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsville? Share your experiences!