“Clean, Friendly, New”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
NJ
“Clean, Friendly, New”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for the weekend for a college tournament nearby. Decor all looked fresh and new. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff was very hospitable and helpful. Beds very comfortable. Heat was loud when it came on. But wasn't enough to keep us from coming back. Great choices at full breakfast. Server there was constantly working to replenish and make sure everyone had what they wanted. Nice that they offer free wi-fi--many of the expensive hotels charge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear NewJerseyQueenie,

Thanks for your review - I hope you enjoyed the tournament while you were here! I'm glad to read that you had a comfortable and clean stay and experienced great guest service. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the heat and will look into it so we can provide the best experience we can. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to Martinsville!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The plumbing in this hotel is unbelievably noisy. Every flush sounds as if the walls are coming down. Being on the second floor probably only made it worse. It made for a sleepless night, since people are up flushing at all hours. The thin walls didn't help, either. I could hear coughing in the next room.
all in all, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. I did find it odd that there is a post-it note on the headboard telling me that the sheets and duvet were cleaned for my stay. I always thought every hotel cleaned the sheets for every guest, so this seemed strange that they would go out of their way to tell me this information.

Room Tip: Maybe the top floors have less noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Live2traveldaworld,

Thank you for writing a review of our Hampton Inn. I would like to sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our number one concern and your review will assist in correcting issues for the future. However, I am glad to read that you found us very clean and our staff friendly and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was in town for business and had a number of colleagues stay as well. They were very helpful and efficient and the rooms were very nice. Would like to see a little more variety with the breakfasts as once you've had it for a couple of days it gets very tired.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear JSFXVA,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and our rooms so comfortable. We also appreciate your feedback and will discuss it as we aim to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thanks again and we hope to see you again when you're in Martinsville!

Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at Days Inn down from the activity I came for it. HI let me have a rm bfore checkin time! The Days Inn had a beetle bug problem and kept me up after I returned to the room, I came to stay here at 8:30 am!! there was a desired room ava so I got it pretty smoothly. Since Days Inn's breakfast was not ava when I checked out at 7:45am the front desk clerk invited me to eat. She later helped me find a auto service garage! Which was sooo busy that they recommended another place, Xpress Lube. The room was very quiet when I chose to take a nap, I ended up being invited to an activity an hour away so I checked out early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nuzoegirl
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear nuzoegirl,

Thank you so much for choosing to switch to us while you were in Martinsville! I'm so glad to read that our staff was able to help out with all of your needs so well. We appreciate your recognition and taking the time to write a review - we'll see you again the next time you're in town!

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was in town on business, and booked a room at this property. When checking in, I noticed the property was doing a remodel. Although a bit inconvienant, I kept my reservation. When I went to my room, I noticed I was given a "smoking" room, although my reservation was for "non smoking". I returned to the front desk, and the clerk corrected the problem and gave me a non-smoking room (suite). I found the room, very spacious, quiet and clean. It had a whirlpool tub, which I did not use. The HVAC worked well. The breakfast room was in a tempory area, but the food was the usual Hampton fare. It was fresh and the attendant kept it neat. There are limited resturants near the hotel, none within walking distance. If I am in town again, I will return to this property (hopefully the remodel will be complete!)

Room Tip: Both the front and back side of this property should have quiet rooms, as this property sits 500+ fe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Paintman0954,

We're excited to show off our new look once our refresh is complete and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the issues you encountered were immediately corrected. Thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Martinsville!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. The front desk staff was friendly, my room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the towels were surprisingly soft. I would definitely stay here again. Plus, the free breakfast was an added bonus - coffee, biscuits, fruit, cereal, yogurt and a waffle maker.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Sarah K,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and our other amenities to your liking. Our complimentary breakfast is indeed one of our guests' favorite features. Thanks again & we'll see you again on your next visit to Martinsville!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 23, 2012

the front desk people were very kind and helpful; the breakfast lady janet was a love and so accommodating; our room was spacious and very clean; they are renovating and the front desk area is a mess but our room was quiet and so this construction was not a deterrent to sleep; the hotel is in a TERRIBLE part of town; there were really no decent restaurants nearby at which to eat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn Martinsville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear megoliver45,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We work hard to provide the best service possible and appreciate your compliments regarding our staff. We can't wait to show off our new Perfect Mix lobby and other great features.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
Econolodge
Econolodge
#4 of 6 in Martinsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Eden

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsville? Share your experiences!