We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and dinner at the Francis Marion. We participated in the Italian wine tasting dinner which could not have been better. The chef is amazing. Friends who joined us agreed that the food was perfect and we have all eaten and highly rated restaurants around the U.S. and beyond. Hope they will be able to retain the chef...he would be welcome anywhere! We stayed in one of the mini-suites and were very pleased with the room and amenities. Hotel has been restored and is very charming with lots of character. Great weekend getaway. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia