My husband and I stayed at the Francis Marion on our way up I-81, and liked it so much we stayed on the way back as well. The rooms are cute (exactly like the photos), the hotel is quaint as a person could want, its really well-maintained, and, the best thing of all, absolutely every person who worked at the hotel (and the restaurant) was as nice as they could be. Helpful, friendly, and fun. We got in early and the fellow who checked us in recommended a great walk. Absolutely what we needed after a day of being crammed up in the car. And the restaurant was delicious!! I really can't say how happy we were to find the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia