My wife and I travel between Tennessee and Virginia several times a year. We had seen the General Francis Marion Hotel before but could not stay there because up until recently we always had our dog in tow so our hotel choices were limited.
While this hotel is not pet friendly, it more than makes up for it in every other way! The hotel is a unique blend of nostalgia and coolness that is hard to find these days. Atmosphere and character: A+ Friendly helpful staff: A++ There is a terrace balcony overlooking Main Street to relax and unwind along with nice dining options either downstairs or across the street.
There is a lot more to say but the bottom line is the GFMH offers an experience that is the antithesis of the mega chain hotels that is both refreshing and memorable for a price the national chain hotels can’t touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic General Francis Marion Hotel was originally built in 1927 and was restored to its original elegance. The hotel's 36 guest rooms are beautifully appointed in period furniture with emphasis on comfort and luxury. The Black Rooster, the hotel's restaurant offers superb dining in a Roaring '20s atmosphere. Located just up the street from the famous Lincoln Theatre, the hotel is listed in both the National and the Virginia Historic Registers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your General Francis Marion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- General Francis Hotel Marion
- General Francis Marion Hotel Virginia