“Had a Tasty Lunch at the Wooden Pickle in Marion, Virginia”

Wooden Pickle Food & Spirits
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Pub, Wine Bar
Description: Historic downtown store front featuring 15 foot ceilings, exposed brick walls, and original hardwood flooring. Mezzanine for private dining seats 12-15. Small bar area with flat screen. Locally owned and operated. Good homemade southern comfort food, excellent desserts, fresh soup made daily, and refreshing spirits.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

On my way to the Back of the Dragon (Va. Rt. 16) I stopped for lunch at the Wooden Pickle in Marion, Virginia. I ordered a chicken salad wrap with fruit as a side item. Both were very fresh and tasty. The service was good. Looks like it could be a fun place on weekends.

Stephanie H, Owner at Wooden Pickle Food & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2015

So glad you stopped by during your travels and that you enjoyed your visit/lunch with us. We look forward to seeing you again. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my first time going, and I was pleasantly surprised. I got a hamburger which was very good, and liked the pickle spear. I did not like the homemade pasta salad, which was a typical macaroni salad. They have done a good job decorating the interior. I recommend!

1  Thank gladebaba

THANK YOU!! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We make all our food fresh daily just like to might get at home. Sorry that you were not happy with the pasta salad it is an old family recipe and not anything fancy or gourmet. Hope you will visit again soon and find a side dish that you like better. One of the owners is always there and we would gladly make sure you are 100% satisfied with you lunch/dinner. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My boyfriend had the fried green tomato BLT and I got the fish tacos. Both were really delicious! The staff were friendly and the restaurant (in an old downtown building) had old hardwood floors and a wine rack bookcase; very charming. The housemade pasta salad was also quite tasty.

1  Thank SCM_VAMD

Thank you for stopping by while you were traveling thru. Hope you can stop by again when you are traveling down this way. So glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We love our old building too :-)

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Went for their lunch and we got there right 2 which was the end of their lunch. We were made sure to be known that lunch ended at 2 and there were finishing up. Working in retail I would never say that to a customer. If I have to work an hour or two past close I would never let it be know to a customer. But any way the food was great one of the best Burgers I have ever had. The fries were good and the sweet tea was also very good. The bun of the burger was great and the burger was cooked very well. I guess it was the cook came out and asked how it was which was nice.

1  Thank Robbie W

Thank you visiting our place and we are glad that you enjoyed your hamburgers. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced by us closing at 2:00. Since we are a restaurant and not a retail store we have to close between lunch and dinner to prepare our food because we have all fresh homemade items and not frozen food that has to only be thawed out. We hope that you will visit again soon and one of the owners would gladly speak to you about any concerns that you have.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Try their desserts first then have your main course. Atmosphere is great...lunch has started at the Pickle to add to a great selection in downtown Marion

Thank you for dining with us especially in those first few months when we were brand new :)
we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Wooden Pickle Food & Spirits? Share your experiences!