“Good Food!”

Cuisines: American
Pennington Gap, Virginia
“Good Food!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was camping at Hungry Mother State Park and drove to Dip Dog stand for lunch. We was not disappointed at all!! The service was fast and the food was good. My daughter can not eat bread so she order a bacon cheeseburger without the bun and they fixed her right up. You could tell they had done that before. I got dip dogs and fries which were very good! My wife got a dip dog and onion rings which she enjoyed as well, the onion rings were very good! I would reccomend every that can give Dip Dog Stand a try, next time I will try a cheeseburger they looked great!!

Visited July 2014

Beckley, West Virginia
“Paper bad goodness!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I grew up in this town and absolutely love the food! Each time I visit my family I have to eat here! My husband is the one requesting it now! Onion rings, double cheeseburger, and dip dogs are a must!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelingfoodlovers
“Great old-fashioned highway drive in restaurant !!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I grew up near here and have been coming to get there get dogs ever since I can remember!!
All the food is cooked to order and amazing but the dip dogs are one of a kind!!
Also please consider a milkshake since they use fresh ingredients !!
the blueberry is my personal favorite except that the real blueberries keep getting stuck in the straws!!!

• Visited August 2013
Marion, Virginia
“Very Good.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are looking for a great short order place, try the dip dog stand. Great hamburgers, and their onion rings are the best, of course, their dip-dogs are also very good.

Visited May 2014
Richmond, Virginia, USA
“Awesome Onion Rings, Unappreciated Customers”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The poor service begins at the website as you look up the directions for the Dip Dog Stand in Marion, VA. The directions tell you where to exit and which route number but not the direction to drive on that route. We spent a bit of time driving back and forth. As interstate travelers, we found the poor service to continue as we located the stand only to discover there was no bathroom for customers. Had it not taken us so long to find the place, we might have left at that point.

After we stepped inside and ordered, we had rather a long wait which allowed us to observe the service through quite a few customers. Thinking it was only my opinion, I didn't plan to say anything back at the car until every member of our family mentioned how rude the workers were. Aside from the girl working the gift shop, none of them smiled. Customers were answered very impatiently. A couple of orders were messed up, and all that was required was for the counter workers to make the orders right. However, as they corrected the orders, they insisted that the fault was obviously on the customers' sides.

Despite the terrible customer service, the food was absolutely delicious! That is, of course, considering there is nothing healthy or gourmet about a dip dog stand in the first place. The long wait for food was due to the fact that the dogs were probably hand dipped and fried as we waited. These were the real thing! (As long as you understand that quality dogs are not everyone's understanding of what makes a great dip dog. These are the extremely fake, bright red type.) The onion rings were absolutely the best I have ever had anywhere. The breading was thick and uneven and delicious. The portions were large, and the prices were very good considering the quality of the food. We did not try any, but shakes and ice cream seem to be popular items from an extensive flavor menu.

The place is an institution, and assumedly, the locals arrive knowing not to expect pleasant customer service. If you approach the stand in that manner, you will enjoy some delicious, greasy food.

If you're looking for a quick pit stop on I-81, this is not the stop for you. If you are a local or want some time to stretch your legs while ordering food, pull over at the Dip Dog Stand in Marion, VA. By the way, it is between exits 39 and 44.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Chanin G

Been to Dip Dog Stand? Share your experiences!