“Simple amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Speakeasy

The Speakeasy
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A charming full service dining room and a cozy lounge and bar. A wide variety of menu options, sandwiches, burgers and our signature steaks; along with house specialty entrees Desserts are divine. Eat in, take out and room service. Meeting rooms, private dining and outdoor dining; catering onsite and offsite.
CALLANDS
“Simple amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Me and my wife were on a day trip in the area and wanted to get a nice dinner. Read the reviews on tripadvisor and thought it would be a decent place to visit. AMAZING. Walking through the door we had superb service. We ordered two of their gourmet burgers and they were awsome. The waitress checked on us frequently and the cook even came out to check with the guest. That is service. We then actually had room for dessert and ordered the strawberry crossaint. AWSOME. The price was under $30 dollars too. I usually don't give reviews but I had to make an exception for the Rooster. Plan on trying to go back when I am in the area.

• Visited October 2012

Marion, VA
“Flavor is everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Oh, my! I didn't know there was a way to make a hamburger taste that good! That was my first experience with the Black Rooster. The chef is creative and knows how to bring out the flavor of even the simplest foods. It's located in the front of the Francis Marion Hotel in the middle of the town and is probably the best place to eat for 30 miles in all directions!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ocraholic
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Pleasant upscale dining in Marion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Shared dinner with business colleagues mid-week. Service was terrific. Menu choices seemed limited but the food was pretty good, expecially considering the town doesn't really have many reaons for folks to stop and stay. I had started with a salad with a nice poppyseed viniagrette; I was a bit surprised about the lack of veggies on the fancy greens (one half of one cucumber, chopped quite small, maybe a couple cherrie tomatoes). I didn't sample the bread basket, it looked like pretty standard French rolls. With dinner, I had the Chateu St. Michelle chard which was surprisingly good (our group also sampled a super-dry Shiraz and better tasting Malbec, alas I don't'recall the vineyards).
My main course was the blackened Carolina trout, which was tasty (though just a smidge peppery), with crunchy potatoes, nicely seasoned. Dessert was quite yummy, chocolate mousse cake. Service was quite excellent and made the meal enjoyable.

• Visited September 2012
“Awesome dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed great food, large portions, reasonable prices and great, friendly service! Who could ask for more?!

Visited June 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Nice restaurant on ground floor of historic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Food was good. I think I had a hamburger and a couple of beers. Burger was good. It would have been nice to have a couple more local microbrews on tap but overall a very good dining experience!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chris P

Been to The Speakeasy? Share your experiences!