“Rundown but clean.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Freeport, Texas
“Rundown but clean.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My room was clean, and that's the main concern for me. Had a nice microwave and refridgerator. TV did not work at first until i giggled the cord leading into the wall. Shower had the most water volume ever! But water not hot enough for my taste. Entire motel had rather strong chemical/cleaner smell. Continental breakfast was better than i expected. In mid May, the swimming pool was dry. Overall the motel is rundown, but not enough to stay away. One of the cheaper motels in an area of expensive lodgeing.. I would stay here again, but not my first choise.

Room Tip: Room 118 is good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear depfife,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, water pressure and continental breakfast. We normally open our swimming pool from Memorial Day until Labor Day each year. We hope that you stay with us again if you ever return to the area.

Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a decent hotel! I don't understand why people complain online but won't go to management with their problems while they are staying there.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank AmandaandKelcie
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for sharing a response with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms, continental breakfast, water pressure, and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Staying here for a 2 week stay. The young man at the front desk was extremely nice, polite and helpful..I can say that they are doing room remoldeling. I have been seeing them painting rooms. It is a cheap older hotel so it is what it is but it fit nicely for us.I believe I had a already remodeled room. It seemed decent and clean.and had a microwave,waist high refrig. and heat lights in the bath. I had to have a package sent here I recieved it with no problems.I did smell the smell of cigarette smoke in the hall ways but I am a non smoker and stayed in a non-smoking room and did not smell the smoke in my room. Convienient on and off the highway. Lots of eating establishments within a mile and walmart is 2mi.Thanks for a clean decent stay!

Room Tip: home office rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank angel h

Chincoteague, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The pictures are decieving. The whole place is run down, unkept and scary. I had already booked it for 3 nights or we would have left as soon as we got there. The halls were scary, dirty and poorly lit. The room smelled like mold or something. The refrigerator made noise so we had to play TV all night. They said they had HBO but not on our TV. The internet connection was poor. The sheets didn't fit the bed, it was a king size bed with double bed sheets on sideways. The pillows were flat. The springs in the sofa and chair in the room were broken and they were very uncomfortable. The towels were rough as sand paper. The coffee pot was broken. There was dust all over the furniture and the heat/air conditioner unit was dirty. The smell of the place made me physically ill. The pool and spa tub were out of order and looked like they had been that way for quite awhile. You could hear through the walls. We got up early and checked out. I lost money because we booked through Expedia.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara D

Travelers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This place was FILTHY! This place smelled,stains ever way even the walls. I think prison life may be cleaner. ventilation was poor, no screen in the patio door. I was afraid to sit on anything. I went out and bought a sheet to sit and sleep on in my clothes and plenty of lysol. The front desk person was not very accommodating. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE

Room Tip: Don't go to America'a Best Lynchburg!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rroad40
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The building, corridor, and room reeked of smoke and must. My non-smoking room had what looked like old blood stains on the bed & chair, dirty bathroom, and a sliding glass door that was secure with a cheap latch and hook lock.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank moniquem03
Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Today, I'm reviewing the Americas Best Value Inn in Madison Heights, VA.

Every year I come to Madison Heights to visit family and friends and this is the hotel we always stay in. We come here firstly because it's the best hotel in Madison Heights (if you compare them all this one does have the most amenities) and because the rooms are comfortable and are almost sound-proof.

Whenever we come here, we usually get a "good deal". $50/per night and you get 2 beds in the room, WiFi and TV. We always first check-in to the hotel to somewhat nice staff and a lobby with a computer (for surfing the internet) in there and a TV that's newer than the ones in most of the hotel rooms. There is usually not many people in the lobby and it's quick to check in and unpack your bags in the hotel room. From there, you could go swim in the pool(only during the summer), watch some TV, or open up your laptop and connect to the WiFi.

The rooms are pretty good for what you pay for. They are usually pretty clean except this one time where I found a wet spot on the floor but other than that the rooms are most always clean. They provide free towels of all sizes with the rooms which you can find inside the bathroom. You may want to bring your own because one or two of mine had a stain on it but they were clean and good enough to use to take a shower with.

The hotel is near several restaurants and stores within walking distance. There is a Wendy's, DQ, and McDonalds all within less than a quarter of a mile from the hotel. If you want to walk farther, there is a CVS and a Food Lion past the restaurants farther in Madison Heights. If you want to drive from the hotel, there are several restaurants and stores inside Madison Heights including a KFC, a good mexican restaurant, a Sonic drive-in and a Walmart

We always appreciate the ability of having free internet inside the hotel. The only problem with the internet is that depending on what part of the room you are in it might be slow or go out. I run a tech website and it's important to have WiFi wherever I'm staying. I usually get good WiFi though if I'm sitting my laptop on the desk by the room door. It depends what room you get to the WiFi strength. Another thing is that they password protect their WiFi so you have to call the front desk to get the password. If you need or want to use it during your stay, ask the front desk for the WiFi password after you checkin and write it down so you don't have to call the front desk once you get to the room.

Rating: 8/10
Nice rooms, somewhat good WiFi but could of been nicer and WiFi could of been better.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SuperPC658
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights VA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Holiday Inn Lynchburg
#12 of 23 in Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Craddock Terry Hotel
Craddock Terry Hotel
#3 of 23 in Lynchburg
Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#11 of 23 in Lynchburg
Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!