“Excellent food & service”
Review of The Bavarian Chef

The Bavarian Chef
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Meta few friends for Friday eve dinner. The portion size for every entree is huge. If I have one complaint, it's that I wish BC would give you less food! It's best to go with several friends & share a few dishes as we did. We tried 2 specials, the flounder & pork chop and 2 regular menu dishes, the sausages & Mandel schnitzel. All were very good. Tried some beers & wine which were also very good. And don't forget desserts, we tried the apple strudel, Black Forest cake, chocolate flour less torte & gran marnier pie. All were exceptional. I can't say that I know BC is authentic German food, but I can say the food is excellent, the service is outstanding & we always enjoy going to BC.

There are newer reviews for The Bavarian Chef

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We enjoyed the Bavarian Chef very much! We'll certainly return. Large portions, great service, and awsome food. If you're traveling on Rt.29 South from DC to Charlottesville,VA. and looking for a great place to stop for a wonderful dinner, stop at The Bavarian Chef in Madison.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

A little pricey, but the food and beer was worth it. The portions are large, however, so come hungry! The one in Madison was their original location, and it is better than their new restaurant in Fredericksberg.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We eat at the Chef about one a year. The food, atmosphere, and service are all top of the mark. You can not leave hungry and the leftovers heat up for a an amazing meal the following day. Menu is a little on the expensive side, but you get more than you pay for.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have read all the reviews and you folks must not know what real German food is…My wife and I ate there and the food was bland and lacked any German quality I could detect. We had the Jäger Schnitzel, with the four sides (cabbage, green beans, spaetzle, and POTATO DUMPLINGS. The cabbage was too vingarie, the spaetzle was cold and hard and the green beans tashed like bug spray. Totally disappointing and well over priced. On a good note, the waiters and staff were excellent and warm. THAT WAS THE ONLY REDEEMING QUALITY FOR THE RESTAURANT. Do I thing they will be in business in a year from now. I think not.

1  Thank Donald C