“Go somewhere else!”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Sauerbraten sauce is like Hawaii meets Germany. Much too sweet. Vegetables appeared to be out of can. Potato dumplings tasted like a mix. My German wife and I have been to German restaurants across USA and Germany and this was definitely the worst " German" food we have eaten. Advice - too many restaurants in area so bypass this one.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have eaten here several times over several years and always find the food satisfying. The roasted red pepper soup is wonderful. My husband loves the pretzel appetizer and says it compares favorably to the ones he had in Germany. Do be aware, though, that it is HUGE and could easily be an appetizer for a whole table. Our entrees were also both good, but, again, the portions were HUGE. We agreed that the next time we will share an entree, as we were staying in a hotel and had nowhere to store the lovely leftovers. Service was attentive and prices are reasonable, especially considering the amount of food served.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I love, love, love this place! The food is always perfectly done with ample portions. They have an authentic menu, along with a variety of specials. The service is always spot on and so cute with the dresses the waitresses wear. My one and only complaint about this place, is that there are no substitutions for anything on the menu. This is a problem for me because I am allergic to mushrooms and a lot of the schnitzels come with a mushroom sauce. I would like to be able to try everything on their menu, but this makes it so I can't. With that being said, everything that I have tried has been absolutely wonderful! And, if somehow you have room for dessert afterwards, do it. This is one of my favorite restaurants of all time!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Bavarian Chef who opened this restaurant many years ago is gone, as are the German-speaking waiters, but the founder's son runs this very popular spot that serves large portions of tasty dishes at reasonable prices. Among the appetizers my wife's favorite is the portobello mushroom with crab meat; mine include the red pepper soup and the Hungarian goulash. All are under $10. Most mais are under $30 and include a wide variety of schnitzels, including Jaeger Schnitzel, my favorite. On our last visit the desserts offered included four variety of cheesecake as well as other cakes and pastries. There are, of course, a variety of beers and a short but adequate wine list.

Service is very good, although waitresses in German costumes speaking with piedmont accents may amuse some. The upstairs dining room resembles a hunting lodge; the main room less so with tables fairly crowded together.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is one of the best German restaurants I have eaten at. We never had a bad meal. In the past 10 years we had diner here more than ten times. Goulash soup is good but the cream of roasted red pepper is amazing. My favorite entree is just about every dish. Then there are the sides save room for them, everything is served family style. If you can eat all of them, then there is dessert.
Enjoy