“My Vote for Best Burger in Madison”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pig N Steak

Pig N Steak
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ribs!! huge servings, tasty friendly service. affordable.If I'm ever there again at meal time that's be my stop.
Sperryville, Virginia
“My Vote for Best Burger in Madison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The Mountaineer burger platter is a whole lot of food. I have shared it with my wife and we love the shoe string fries they serve. The Carolina style pull pork is also really good. I not so wild about the ribs, others love them, I do not, so it may just be my time in Georgia spoiled me. It is a local institution and I frequent it every so often with my wife for lunch when we are in the big old metropolis of Madison, our county seat.

• Visited January 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Still serving great pulled pork BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

For over 20 years, I have stopped at the Pig 'n Steak in Madison to eat great pulled pork BBQ while driving between Washington, DC and Charlottesville. The quality of the pulled pork platter was as good as ever on my most recent visit: lean, tender pork, sweet slaw, and mounds of fries. Some BBQ joints smother their pulled pork in sauce, but I prefer the way the Pig 'n Steak serves their pork without using sauce to mask shortcomings in the quality of the meat or the cooking. They offer a variety of sauces (hot, medium, and vinegar) that you can add yourself.

• Visited November 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Awful eatery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Please don't waste your time with this place. Ribs were served cold and were very fatty. Canned green beans, BBQ beef tasted like lighter fuid. Service was good at best. Save your money for better things.

• Visited October 2013
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Party of 4 & it was all terrible. The worst ribs, pork bbq, & mac & cheese that we have ever tasted!! Not to mention overpriced.

• Visited September 2013
Madison, Virginia
“Lousy Food and Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Tried a BBQ sandwich which had always been pretty good. This time it was mostly fat and gristle. I barely touched the sandwich and when the waitress took my plate, she didn't ask what was wrong with it! When the cashier asked my about my food, I told her that it was terrible,,,,,she was couldn't have cared less. I also told them I wouldn't be back,,,,they couldn't have cared less. I tipped the waitress a dime.

Our new name for the Pig N Steak is the Fat N Gristle