“Terrible food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pig N Steak
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ribs!! huge servings, tasty friendly service. affordable.If I'm ever there again at meal time that's be my stop.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Party of 4 & it was all terrible. The worst ribs, pork bbq, & mac & cheese that we have ever tasted!! Not to mention overpriced.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Madison, Virginia
“Lousy Food and Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Tried a BBQ sandwich which had always been pretty good. This time it was mostly fat and gristle. I barely touched the sandwich and when the waitress took my plate, she didn't ask what was wrong with it! When the cashier asked my about my food, I told her that it was terrible,,,,,she was couldn't have cared less. I also told them I wouldn't be back,,,,they couldn't have cared less. I tipped the waitress a dime.

Our new name for the Pig N Steak is the Fat N Gristle

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Wow, get find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous smoky flavored BBQ. We fishing here for a week, we'll be back Great feel, it has a feel of a local institution.

• Visited April 2013
Mannington
“Tasty BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stopped here on impulse on our way up 29, and we were pleasantly surprised. We ordered barbecue sandwiches with sweet potato fries, and we ended up having to take the sweet potato fries to go because the portions were so large. There was a choice of Virginia BBQ sauce (vinegar-based), midwestern BBQ sauce (tomato-based), and hot sauce. I wish they'd had mustard-based as well, but vinegar-based was a good second choice for me, and my husband enjoyed the tomato-based sauce.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Upon a recommendation from a local we stopped here on our way back from Natural Bridge. I'm a vegetarian so I didn't expect to find much but they had a ton of excellent side dishes that were really good and my husband loved the barbecue so much he ordered some to take home. The best thing about it was how friendly everyone was, our server Sue was really sweet identifying all the vegetarian friendly things and the other staff were also very welcoming.

• Visited March 2013