“Good fun and relaxing afternoon”
Review of Sweely Estate Winery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweely Estate Winery
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am not a wine expert but my three friends are and while they were as happy as I to be there, if the 20 wines sampled they were impressed with only one or two. We had a quick bite from their lunch menu and had fun the little shop. The surrounding countryside is fantastic. Bottom line- good fun but wine experts have lower expectations.

There are newer reviews for Sweely Estate Winery

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Beautiful facility. See reviews under new name. Oops, gotta add more characters to get to 100; just wanted to put one here as a pointer to current information on this attraction. Sorry if I seem long winded....

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Looking forward...understand the venue is under new management.

1  Thank Tanner84
Reviewed December 17, 2011

very good wine, beautiful venue of converted (very large) barn for special gatherings, looking over a beautiful field. had a crackers and cheese tray with wine - very relaxing and enjoyable. however, just heard that it was changing ownership, so don't know what it will be like afterwards

1  Thank tamoshanter1106
Reviewed December 7, 2011

It's set in the middle of nowhere and the venue itself is beautiful. We walked in and the tasting actually was in the back of the room. We felt a little lost, like walking into a wine gift shop or something. We had our tasting which was nice and the lady was very sweet, but the wines were nothing to write home about. Every place I've been to, they waive the tasting fee if you buy a bottle of wine. This place certainly nickel and dimes you. We bought 2 bottles of wine plus had to pay an additional $10 for our tasting. There was champagne on the tasting list that we never got to try. I love champagne and asked why we were not served that and I was given the response that they don't open the bottles, that they are only for sale. Well, why would you put it on your wine tasting document if you weren't going to let us try it? I really wanted to try it so I asked if I could purchase a glass and was told I could not. I could only buy it. I had a hard time justifying buying a bottle of champagne I could not try. You can tell the place is all about making money and making a statement. I think I'll stick with the mom and pop wineries from now on.

1  Thank hazzy724