“I've stayed in several cabins and a chalet!”
Review of Royal Oaks Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndhurst
Royal Oaks Cabins
Buckingham, Virginia
“I've stayed in several cabins and a chalet!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I absolutely love going to Royal Oaks. There is NO cell phone reception and there's no cable/satellite! This gives you a chance to actually cut off the "world" so to speak and actually have a vacation. I have stayed in 3 of the 9 cabins that they have and every one of them was amazing. They were very cozy and clean. I have also had the privilege in staying in Chalet #12, which was absolutely amazing! The hot tub, well, it just speaks for itself lol. There was plenty of room for everyone and plenty of dishes, utensils, and pots/pans. My husband and I actually have another vacation planned with some friends of ours to stay in another chalet this time. The owners are absolutely wonderful Christian people. They are willing to help you in any way they can and they undoubtedly go the extra mile! I definitely recommend Royal Oaks to anyone who wants a nice getaway in a country atmosphere (not a la-di-da place!). It's also very affordable on any budget!!

I have read the rest of the reviews and I'm honestly not understanding why the reviews are so misleading. I believe that people are expecting a mansion (so-to-speak), not a getaway to a nice cabin in the country! People really need to get off of their high horse and actually go in and enjoy the cabins that the owners have taken great pride in setting up!!

Room Tip: Cabin #6 was my husband and I's honeymoon cabin which is perfect for couples!! However, I hones...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lelystad, Netherlands
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for four nights in one of the Chalets.
When we entered the chalet the first thing you notice: dirt and grime. They have posted a note on the fridge: to save us from having to pay cleaning fee's they ask guests to clean up after themselves. PLEASE charge cleaning fees! Everything is dirty! Especially the kitchen.
It is supposed to be a 10-11 person cabin. But the only reasonable ( old!) beds are 4 small queens. The rest are very old couch/chair beds.
If you stay with more then 8 people there will not be enough plates, cups, knives and forkes anyway.
The hosts/owners are very nice and go out of their way to give advise on where to go.
Recently upgraded: Wifi in the cabins and it works pretty good, no cell phone service though, or tv.
Also nice: central airco throughout the house!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lilylady50
Liberty Township, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed in cabin #10 this past weekend. We have stayed in luxury beach homes for less than this cabin cost and they were pristine. For as much as is charged to rent it, if only one day of rent per reservation were put towards cleaning and updating this place could be incredible. One of the beds had concrete blocks under it for support. We had to put the mattress on the floor in order to sleep on it even moderately comfortably. The 80's furniture and decor is dirty, smelly and worn out. The hot tub looked so gross inside we didn't even bother taking the cover off. The outside furniture was so dirty we couldn't sit on it. The television didn't work. The Wifi was our only method of communicating with the wedding party and other family and friends and it only intermittently worked. There was a dead snake in the door of the downstairs. There was a thick layer of dirt and dust on the baseboards. I could go on but hope anyone who reads this review gets the message.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gina E
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The location of this property is excellent. It goes downhill from there. The maintenance is lacking - the WIFI was spotty and slow and best and one burner of the oven did not work. There is no store within miles except the on-premises store and its selection of food items is abysmal, even comical. Without a doubt, you must pack in here all the food and drink that you plan on eating. The cleanliness was lacking -- it is almost as if they expect the guests to do the cleaning for them. With just a little bit or work on upkeep and a lot of work on what's available in the store, this could be a very nice place to stay. As is, it's not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a much needed getaway weekend and enjoyed cabin #9 . It was perfect for the two of us. We spent 2 nights at the cabin and enjoyed our covered porch outside and the cozy fireplace inside. NO PHONES and NO TV not even cell phone service was wonderful. You can get movies at the office if you want too.
We also explored the Blue Ridge Parkway and went to Black Dog Salvage in Roanoke, Va. which was really a neat place. We stoped at Stauton on the way back and did the Sunspot glass works and historic downtown were there way several festavals going on.
The weather was not the best and going up and down the parkway in the fog was an adventure but we had so much fun we are already planing to return.

Room Tip: # 9 is perfect for 2. Several cabins with more bedrooms and hot tubs and 2 large chalets for groups...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I surprised my fiancé for his birthday with a night in cabin 6, and he loved it! The jacuzzi was great, it was nice to be able to cook our own meal, and the room was clean and nice! Even better, the owner was so nice to us! He didn't try to nickle and dime us with things in the small country store, even gave me some free coffee and movie rentals! This was a GREAT experience for us and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2012

There is nothing about this place that comes close to deserve 4 stars...our chalet was dirty, furnishings from grandmas attic, and plastic flower arrangements occupying every nook and space. Christmas dishware...really? In October...the windows were so dirty you couldn't enjoy the vista even if there was one to enjoy. Look elsewhere if you are looking for fine accommodations.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teri Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
The Mark Addy
#1 of 1 in Nellysford
Steeles Tavern Manor Bed and Breakfast
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Royal Oaks Cabins? Share your experiences!