“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Depot Grille

Depot Grille
Ranked #6 of 334 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Obviously, this restaurant is in the old L'burg train depot downtown along the train tracks and river. The whole area has been renovated and is becoming trendy. The Depot Grill has excellent food. If the weather is good, dine outside on the patio!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

great atmosphere right by the tracks; we eat here most every time we come to Lynchburg. Good food and service.

1  Thank 951janetb
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We came here for lunch in the Spring - and we had a nice, good quality lunch. This time we were in town for dinner so we came back. First of all the atmosphere is great. The rustic spacious high ceiling-ed room makes for a nice environment. Our waiter was fabulous. A very tall guy, with a sweet mom-inspired tattoo on the back of his arm (when you see it you'll know it - quote from a children's book about a mom and her child).

We were seated right away even though the place was busy. We started with fried mushrooms - out of this world. They got to the table piping hot - crisp on the outside, hot & juicy inside. Dipping sauces of creamy horseradish and some kind of maybe cajun inspired creamy sauce?

My husband got the prime rib, I got the filet mignon and our daughter got the chicken parm. I'm not sure if I've ever had a better filet. It was perfectly medium rare. The vegetables were excellent. My husband couldn't finishe his prime rib. That. has. never. happened. It was bigger than described in the menu. My daugher loved her chicken parm - I didn't try it but it looked great.

Overall a great experience and excellent food. I would have like to sit outside - but my family didn't. A big long freight train came by as we dined - the kids in the place loved it - and I still wished we had been sitting outside. Oh well. ;o)

1  Thank NYMetroMom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Good food, reasonable prices. The menu wasn't particularly original, but nice atmosphere. We were a large party, and they gave us a separate room, which was nice.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

In an old train depot. Very nice inside.
Good selection of food.
Salad and two sides come with most entries.
On this particular night, food needed to be cooked more. And server was seen very rarely but still a good experience and we will be back as it has been better.

Been to Depot Grille? Share your experiences!