“Awesome Experience”
Review of Depot Grille

Depot Grille
Ranked #3 of 325 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went here to celebrate my parents 65th wedding anniversary. The atmosphere, food and service was exceptional. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The atmosphere was great, location was ok but the food left me wanting. I love crabcakes. My favorites are ones that are lightly seasoned and have only enough breading to hold them together so they qualify as a "cake". These were the exact opposite in both respects. Shredded crab, lots of breading and overly seasoned for my taste. They also said that they don't have espresso anymore because they didn't enough to repair/replace when the machine died. Unfortunate.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Next to river, bike path, park, and rail tracks in historic downtown. Lynchburg. Has a lot of character and charm. Food and service are very good. This is located in newly revitalized downtown area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the fried catfish with cheddar sandwich for lunch with the sauteed mushrooms. I'm not quite sure why they needed to fry the catfish or melt cheddar cheese on it. It must be an East Coast thing. It was pretty good. The place was empty when we arrived at 11:30 a.m. and was bustling with the lunch crowd by 12:15 p.m. I'd probably go back and try something else.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our lunch at the Depot grille was very nice. Very quick, efficient service and nice food. The decor is great with church pews as booths and we love the train theme. We shared desserts which were delicious. My sons had the brownie Sunday and my husband and I had the pumpkin praline cheesecake. Awesome!!!!

1  Thank tlwmkw