“It was ok”
Review of Depot Grille

Depot Grille
Ranked #3 of 321 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The atmosphere was great, location was ok but the food left me wanting. I love crabcakes. My favorites are ones that are lightly seasoned and have only enough breading to hold them together so they qualify as a "cake". These were the exact opposite in both respects. Shredded crab, lots of breading and overly seasoned for my taste. They also said that they don't have espresso anymore because they didn't enough to repair/replace when the machine died. Unfortunate.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Next to river, bike path, park, and rail tracks in historic downtown. Lynchburg. Has a lot of character and charm. Food and service are very good. This is located in newly revitalized downtown area.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the fried catfish with cheddar sandwich for lunch with the sauteed mushrooms. I'm not quite sure why they needed to fry the catfish or melt cheddar cheese on it. It must be an East Coast thing. It was pretty good. The place was empty when we arrived at 11:30 a.m. and was bustling with the lunch crowd by 12:15 p.m. I'd probably go back and try something else.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our lunch at the Depot grille was very nice. Very quick, efficient service and nice food. The decor is great with church pews as booths and we love the train theme. We shared desserts which were delicious. My sons had the brownie Sunday and my husband and I had the pumpkin praline cheesecake. Awesome!!!!

1  Thank tlwmkw
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I want to give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt because it has had such good reviews but all I can write about is my experience. We ate here on the weekend before election day. It was a Friday night and the wait was about 15 minutes. But the waitress offered for us to sit outside which made the wait much shorter. That was our first mistake. We felt as though we had been forgotten by our waitress although there were many other seated tables outdoors. My wife ordered the steak- I believe it was the sirloin steak with mushrooms. It was very bland. Honestly I have had much better steaks. Even I have made steaks my wife says were amazing - I have grilled a steak twice in my life. I ordered Chicken Parmesan. I must say it was very unusual but quite tasty. My only gripe was the tomato sauce was extremely tomato-ey and it had a sour flavor to it. I assume it was the type of tomatoes they were using. But it wasn't even a paste it was more like crushed or diced extremely fine. The waitress came to check on us once in the first 20 minutes after she delivered our meal. I was very thirsty that night and she would have done herself a service by leaving a pitcher of water at the table.i want to give this place the benefit of the doubt and say I will come again. Perhaps it was an off night but when the steak had no taste to it (I tasted it as well) the waitress basically forgot about us ( I guess it was out of sight out of mind). Perhaps she wasn't used to having to wait on tables outside and inside because she didn't wait on any other table outside. I would say I would hold instead of buy on this one. Not saying never but not anytime soon