“Great Chinese Food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family of 6 dined at King's Island recently. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our waiter was busy throughout our time there, but could have been more attentive. Water glasses weren't filled with regularity and one of our party had to remind the server that she had ordered miso soup. Other than these relatively minor irritants, our experience was enjoyable. As many on this site have noted, the food here is the best Chinese cuisine available in Lynchburg. I had the Hunan-style bean curd (tofu) which was phenomenal. Every meal we ordered came in a large portion and only one of our group finished all of his meal. Prices are reasonable (from about $10 for noodle/rice dishes to the low $20s for meat/seafood). The noise level is medium and the interior could use some updating. Lighting was harsh in some spots. I'm being picky on these points, but they can affect one's dining experience. Go for the food. You won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Kings Island

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Kings Island is Lynchburg's oldest international restaurant. It has to be at least 40-years old. I have always enjoyed their Chinese food, but when they brought in sushi and Japanese food, my stomach wandered there and seem to be stuck. Try them both, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

King's Island is the best restaurant in Lynchburg! I used to go there when I lived in Lburg but now I go when I want that good food and I take friends who have never been and they love it and they want to go back to it too!!!

I LOVE their sushi there! it's made fresh by the sushi chef. My favorite, and only thing I get is the eel sushi that they make. I never thought I would like eel but when I had it there I was instantly in love with it!

I get the eel sushi and the beef lo mein, both are awesome!

Highly recommend King's island!!!

1  Thank blake3b
Reviewed November 17, 2012

always have good service, fresh sushi, great variety of rolls -- so delicious! great date nights for local sushi option!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great place to go especially for lunch when they have their buffet out. I think they have the best fried rice in town!