“Bad Service!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

La Carreta
Ranked #68 of 310 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Evington, VA
“Bad Service!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Went to the new one on Timberlake Rd with my husband and daughter. Waited 20 minutes then told we had to sit at the bar. Got to the bar and then told we could not sit there with our daughter. We waited 20 minutes for a table and then were shown the door. Had to go somewhere else. No sorry nothing from the staff.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ginnyprince

Vestal, New York
“Review for the Timberlake Rd Location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The restaurant has moved about a 1/2 mile "down" the road, next door to Lowes.
My family ate at the previous location earlier in the year and enjoyed it. The change in location increased the capacity of the restaurant. When we arrived (Sunday afternoon - 12:30), we had a 30 minute wait, but it was worth it. The service was very good (accurate and fast). Food was pretty tasty. The fried tortilla chips were plentiful, but not salted (fine by me) and not oily either (good). We'll be back next time we're in town.

• Visited August 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food is typical for this area as far as Mexican cuisine is concerned. Sits in a steam well, served quick and hot. Not a bad thing, but just average. Great value for the buck, and that is why they are successful.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mitch R
Lorton, Virginia
“La Carreta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

After hearing all the other college students talk about it I finally got the chance to go there. The outside of the building was rather plain but the inside was nice looking. The waiter was fluent in both Spanish and English and was efficient. The menu choices were numerous and there are really good non-spicy options whiich I need before I can go to a Mexican restuarant because I can't eat spicy food. I had a chicken fajita and it was awesome! they bring out all the ingredients and you put them in the tortilla the way you like them. I would definetly reccomend this as a good Mexican restuarant that can please the casual eater or the true lover of Mexican food.

• Visited February 2013
Forest, Virginia
“GREAT FOOD, OKAY SERVICE, BUT NO PRICES ON CHECK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

La Carreta is our favorite Mexican Restaurant in the Lynchburg Area. We both dine in and carry out regularly. At $4.00, their lunch specials are "truly" special! Lunch Special #1 is my absolute favorite: Taco, Guacamole Salad, Choice of Chile Relleno or Poblano Chile, and refried beans all for $4.00. They also have great Tamales and adding one to a Lunch Special #1 creates the best combo. Their chips are great, but their salsa is just "so-so." Other than their salsa, the only drawback to La Carreta is that they do not put prices on your check, and consequently, it is not uncommon to be charged a different price at the register than what was on the menu. This does not keep us from going back or from recommending La Carreta, but we do try to remember menu prices and to watch the cashier. I would rather point out a 50 cent error than to go home feeling like I was overcharged.

• Visited March 2013