“Yes, it's that good”

La Carreta
Ranked #53 of 334 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent a few nights in Lynchburg while attending a Christian music festival at Liberty Univ. over New Years. We read good reviews of this restaurant and the hotel desk staff recommended it. We were very pleased, friendly waiters, fast service and great food.

They even have a number of dishes that put a "twist" on some old favorites. My son loves Chilaquiles Mexicanos, and these were different than any he'd ever had (I suspected seasoned chicken broth was used in the sauce). In short, they were fantastic. I had ACP (aka, chicken with cheese) and they jazzed it up with corn, mushrooms and three types of colored peppers. It was unique and very tasty. Be sure to check the "Daily Specials" board when you walk into the restaurant.

We visited the location near Target, which is rather small. But we would go back, maybe tonight!!!

1  Thank Bunky1998

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We prefer the La Carreta locations in Madison Heights...I would only avoid the ones on Wards Road but the rest of them are always great with wonderful service.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Best Restaurant in Lynchburg as far as service and value you can't beat it.The store on Simons Run (across from Target) is now open all day . New menu with healthy choices available . Nothing but good things to say for the service and it's friendly owner and staff !

Reviewed November 5, 2012

then this is the right place. it's cheap, average in taste and the kids love it. all the dishes are just recreations of the same 5 ingredients. it's not the place to go if you are looking for inventive or particularly flavor full mexican cuisine, but it does the job for a family that needs a burrito fix.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Good place. Good food. Reasonable prices. There is more than one La Carreta in the Lynchburg Va. area. The one I stopped at is on Timberlake Road. Place was very busy on a Monday night. The best thing I can say is, I will come back here.