“Simply a delight”

Craddock Terry Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the moment I made the reservation until the moment I departed dealing with this facility was a delight. The bed was the most comfortable I have have every slept on. The room service breakfast breakfast delicious, the staff not just profession but actually friendly and very helpful. An early check in was arranged seamlessly and by the time I checked out I felt like I had made new friends.

Room Tip: The views of down town and of the river were so nice. Buster Brown their resident ambassador in the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

A quick overnight work trip became a family weekend at the last minute, complete with the dog. The hotel was accommodating and both pet- and kid-friendly. The price seemed steep, and one night the trains were loud. But it was comfortable, friendly, and well-located. The complimentary breakfast was perfect to hold the 6-yr-old until proper full breakfast for us all was found. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We really love this hotel, mainly because of its uniqueness! If you read its history, the building use to be a shoe factory. It has been lovingly restored and many bits of the hotel still tell the story today. You will see many wonderful old "new" shoes from ages ago. All rooms we have ever stayed in have beautiful exposed brick walls. The mattresses, pillows and bedding is amazing. You may hear the train go by at night, but for me, this adds to the charm. There are 2 restaurants in the hotel and we love the pizza, best hummus also. Christine is always working and is outstanding. It may not sound like much, but I also love their bath products that they stock, BeeKind. Book early as I think there are only about 45 rooms. Oh, I left my boots outside my door and in the morning they were all polished and beautiful again. Complimentary of course. Now where does that happen??

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms in the original building. You get a bit of noise in the rooms by the restaurant...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylandrob
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'm just heartbroken, we loved this place - great service, beautifully and cleverly appointed, and two restaurants on property that easily compete with offerings in any competitive urban setting. But freight trains run all night long, blowing their whistles to wake up the hounds of hell. The hotel offers noise machines to help buffer the noise, but they're no competition for those whistles. This being a boutique, there are few rooms, and I didn't see any rooms that would be out of range. Sadly, we can't return as a result. But we'll be back to the restaurants!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I had written a bad review last time we stayed at this hotel. The manager called after reading the bad review. Yes he actually called and ask great questions then apologized. When he asked the questions he didn't just ask to appease me ..... he actually listened!!! This time things were wonderful. Everyone went way above and beyond what I would have ever expected! Thank you all.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank sameshell22
Reviewed March 27, 2014

A lot of thought and care went into this superb restoration of a well located central city . Loved the ceiling height, must have been fifteen feet. Best quality furnishings used throughout and extremely comfortable beds. Had a quiet 3rd floor location, got a great nights sleep after a long full day drive.

A close friend has restored a building nearby that housed a most unusual private auto collection that can be viewed from massive glass windows from the sidewalk.

Semi attached at the side of the hotel, was fine dining with an extensive wine list.
Best part was the reasonable cost to stay, comparable to the cookie cutter chain hostelry normally encountered.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2014

A lovely hotel with very interesting decor and the most comfortable bed that I'm looking into ordering a mattress from them. We were on the 4th floor. I only heard one train whistle and that was just after turning off the lights. The bathroom and bedroom were huge. Due to ice/snow, we delayed our trip to Charlottesville by a day and the hotel was able to adjust some room reservations around and let us stay in our room a second nite. Staff was pleasant and helpful with recommendations. Highly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends