“Relaxing”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Vienna, VA
“Relaxing”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay downtown from time to time and the Craddock is the the only wa to go. Sometimes, like last week, I stay there just because I want the experience to be different. I echo the comments on the big, comfortable rooms, with nice fixtures, but I do wish there was some directable lighting in the room, especially on the bedpost like a lot of hotels now have. I don't like having to sit at the desk in room after all the hours at the office, too.

I tried the Greek pizza with chicken at the WaterStone restaurant and I thought it was the best pizza i have had in 20 years, or ever! That alone will bring me back soon.

It has lots of character and they simply do things differently and with flare. I too like the continental breakfast, but they have to switch to a croissant that actually tastes like a croissant should taste. it's one of the monster croissants that, in my opinion, is not flaky, quite dry and tasteless. It's not really a complaint, but a suggestion on something they could improve. The mini brie and the rasberry jam are nice ways to inject some flavor. Combined with a fruit cup, yogurt, and in-room, capsule-brew coffee, it's a nice start to the day.

I'll be back for sure, in the near future. Oh, and if you have not been to the Main Street Eatery (close by), this is ANOTHER reason to pick the Craddock on your visit to Lynchburg.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GettingAround8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

So charming! Rooms are huge and gorgeous. Hotel dog - Buster Brown - is waiting in the lobby to greet you! Shoemaker's and the more casual restaurant are both wonderful. We bring our bikes and go right down the hill to the beautiful Blackwater Creek Trail. We go back every year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScreenName61_11
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upscale hotel with very nice features. The old shoe factory with it's brickwork is a fun place to spend a night. Parking outside front door/ very helpful staff. Other reviews said it all..worth the detour off I- 81.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JOSATCS
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing- it retained the gorgeous wood and brick from the old shoe factory. The staff is great- the food is out of this world- definitely one to put on the list to visit!!! The breakfast is wonderful- continental breakfast consisting of croissant with brie cheese, fruit, yougart and juice- all delivered in an old fashioned shoe box to your door! The pillows on the bed just surround you and the mattress is super comfy. And don't forget the terry bathrobes- loved it so much I had to buy one to bring with me!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank 1Disha
White Stone, VA
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We decided to go a bit upscale from the usual college hotel, since our son was staying at the dorms at Liberty University for their CFAW program. The drive wasn't bad, and although we were tired when we checked in late, we enjoyed the comfortable bed. The breakfasts are not huge but filling, and so neat delivered in their wooden shoe box! The old shoe factory/warehouse has been so cleverly renovated that you get all the modern comforts - EXCELLENT bathroom, huge shower, LOTS of space - but still know that you're in a unique & historical setting. Several restaurants are within walking distance, and the staff people were all really nice. Pet-friendly, too - what more could you ask?! Oh, maybe better quality toilet paper, but I seem to have this complaint everywhere I go no matter the hotel - could just be me! And you do need to like trains or have earplugs - I noticed that they offer noise machines at the front desk to counteract the engine noise. Overall, this was a way cool hotel and we would definitely like to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for a girlfriend escape. The staff were so pleasant, warm and welcoming. The night staff (late night) male staff was most pleasant and the early morning manager that comes in at 7 was awesome. Anything that we needed they were more than willing to provide. The hotel was clean and inviting. The decor was wonderful...we will make this a ritual! Thanks for everything!! Might I add the room was gorgeous, with huge bath tub and the bed was SO comfortable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bridget S
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Craddock Terry provided a wonderful getaway weekend for my wife and I. Wonderful staff and accomodations. The unique decor of the hotel is very inviting and all of the amenities that are a part of your stay are very much appreciated. The 'old style charm' is reminiscent of days gone by and the location just adds to the nostalgic factor. Both restaurants at the CTH are excellent and the menus feature great selections for a wide variety of tastes. We loved the breakfasts each morning in our room...very unique touch!!! Thank you CT staff for a memorable weekend...and we live in Lynchburg! We will be back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple