“Wonderful weekend getaway!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Wonderful weekend getaway!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Craddock Terry provided a wonderful getaway weekend for my wife and I. Wonderful staff and accomodations. The unique decor of the hotel is very inviting and all of the amenities that are a part of your stay are very much appreciated. The 'old style charm' is reminiscent of days gone by and the location just adds to the nostalgic factor. Both restaurants at the CTH are excellent and the menus feature great selections for a wide variety of tastes. We loved the breakfasts each morning in our room...very unique touch!!! Thank you CT staff for a memorable weekend...and we live in Lynchburg! We will be back!!!

2 Thank Randy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had an absolutely fabulous time at this hotel. It was our first time and we were delighted with everything. We were in town for a swim meet and the rooms and the breakfasts were great. The room was very spacious and very clean. It was also meticulously decorated. The beds were really comfortable and the pillows were perfect. We also loved that we couldn't hear any overhead noise (thick floors help that). The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful.

We very much enjoyed the historic aspect of this hotel (old shoe factory with a shoe motif throughout - shoes on doors, breakfasts were delivered in a wooden shoe box, etc) and the exposed brick and big wooden beams helped to make it very authentic.

It was also nice to be able to walk to restaurants. There are two really nice restaurants on site.

Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanda L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My daughters and I stayed here for 2 nights this February 2013. We arrived early in the day so our room wasn't yet ready. Therefore we went to our appointment and lunch and when we came back our room was ready. The room was gorgeous. It had a large bath with Kohler tub, sink,and faucets, and a glass enclosed shower, very modern. In the closet were 2 terry bathrobes. The bed was a king. Very comfortable. One wall in our room was exposed brick.
Everyone was very nice and helpful at this hotel.Although I loved the room, my favorite thing was watching the trains pass by from our 5th floor room.
A complimentary continental breakfast was delivered to the room each morning. We went to the hotel's restaurant our last night there. The food was well prepared and the service was great.
In addition to this wonderful hotel, Lynchburg is a pretty small city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mary128
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the Craddock Terry while on business. The hotel has been beautifully renovated and they've really made the attempt to create a unique experience.

Service is excellent!!! In fact, I left my iphone charger and they tracked me down to let me know that they would send it to me. Again, above and beyond.

The only downside is that the hotel is near the train tracks and the morning train whistle does provide a much earlier than expected alarm clock.

Room Tip: Ask for the free sound machine when you check in
1 Thank jangus2212
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the CT for a business meeting. First, what I liked about it: great decor, awesome ambiance and outstanding staff. Some folks on here have complained about the train but they address that at check in and you can get a noise machine. while the train horn woke me up once during the night, it was really no big deal andnd it should be noted that my room (509) was literally right next to the tracks!

Rooms are fantastic; beds are comfortable and there is plenty of room. Everything is new and clean.

Now on to the things that keep CT (IMO) from being a great place to stay:

1.) the wi-fi is awful, I could not connect to the internet
2.) the water pressure lacks a lot to be desired, more of a trickle is the best way to describe the shower-note I stayed in the adjacent building and perhaps these issues are not resident in the main building.
3.) no room service-it should be noted they have two great restaurants on site. While I was traveling with colleagues and had a great meal at shoemakers the steak place, there are many nights when I'm on the road and just want something in my room while I catch up on emails etc.

so, overall, CT ha great potential but they need to fix the issues above to be a great place to stay. For my money, I could stay at the HI Express, save $50-75 a night and have great wi-fi and strong water pressure.

Room Tip: ask to be in the main building to minimize the train noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob H
Greencastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We came to the Craddock Terry to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our room was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. I loved the brick and stone walls...even the stairwells are decorated. I had been concerned about the train, however it was not a problem at all. Continental breakfast in our shoeboxes was so much fun. I can't wait to come and stay again.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about the train the staff will help you. I can't say enough about their st...
1 Thank Donna S
Appomattox, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Love my stay at this boutique hotel in historical Lynchburg. It is an old shoe factory turned hotel, and the architectural transformation is well-done. The rooms are classy, and the bare-brick and high wood plank ceilings are a blast from the original factory past. The art work is all vintage shoe advertising. Visually, it is comfortable and works.

The service was excellent, and breakfast was provided in the morning. Bags of breakfast goodies were left in an old wooden shoe box outside of the door, and ready at your convenience.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building farthest from the railroad tracks. I slept like a baby.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business